• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Photoshop CS4 Hates Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photoshop CS4 is making me wish I was never born. For some reason whenever I open a file with transparent areas (like a Warcraft III skin I've extracted from the viewer), the transparent areas turn out black. My Photoshop 7.0 is working fine, I open them with transparency and whatnot no problem, so it's not a problem with the file.

So what do I need to do to get my Photoshop CS4 to start opening files properly?

Photoshop 7.0 and CS's (+ 6.0 and below) have different versions of the Targa plugin.

7.0's targa plugin included this transparency effect thingy, while the CS's version didn't and you'll have to rely on the alpha channel tab.

If you want to use the CS4 software, but desire to keep the transparency, replace the CS version of the Targa plugin (make sure you'll have a backup for future cases) with the 7.0 version.

The usual path for the Targa plugin is:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-Ins\File Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.