• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Photoshop cs4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey first i wanna say that i maybe opened thread in wrong subforum, someone move it in better place if i did.

Ok my point is next,
I installed adobe photoshop cs4 yesterday, and i must say that it really opened whole new way of skinning for me. Reason? It does open 3d max models, allowing simple rotation and similar things, showing texture, allows 2d texture modifications, and allows texture modification WARPED! That's nice part! Making seamless texture will become peace of cake with this. There are some problems like my tablet get stuck sometimes, but with mouse all is ok and there is some gray shadow over-model, but as i saw lights can be created, so its just matter some base setup to avoid that shadow, and the most important problem is hardware :) i will have to get some nice GPU

What u think abt this?

here is screenshot

Attachments

• cs4.jpg
    cs4.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 153
Unwrap please. But in my opinion the texture is too plain. I don't like this tequnique, but you can give it a more "furry" look by taking the smudge tool with a small brush and smudging the edges of the black spots in and out. Also, the helmet requires more shading between it's edge and the taurens hair. Darkining that area with a large brush and low opacity would make the helmet stand out more and make it not look like it was fused to the skin.
But, I think this is the right forum.

Level 9
Unwrap please. But in my opinion the texture is too plain. I don't like this tequnique, but you can give it a more "furry" look by taking the smudge tool with a small brush and smudging the edges of the black spots in and out. Also, the helmet requires more shading between it's edge and the taurens hair. Darkining that area with a large brush and low opacity would make the helmet stand out more and make it not look like it was fused to the skin.
But, I think this is the right forum.

I wasnt talking abt that skin at all, i was talking abt drawing texture "on model" which is new option of photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.