• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phosphorus Wonder

Disclaimer: Just like his son, the skin doesn't look great at night but you get the whole theme for it. Like Pops like son, he's always smile.

This is the skin related to the Phosphorus Infernal. Also, this is his father who likely to have a volcano spit infernal and bam! He become a father.

For the first time in my history of skin making, I'm making a texture that half-scaled the original because Ancient Of Wonder already a 512x512 but for this theme.... yeah, just accept it as 256. It's going to be okay.

At least Wonder now has an actual wardrobe, poor Ancient Of Wind.

Version 1.0Released
ipEJSnL.png

Tags: Ancient Of Wonder, Phosphorus, Sulfur, Infernal, Phosphor
Contents

BTNPhosphorusWonder (Icon)

Phosphorus Wonder (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
A follow up skin to your phosphorous infernal this time we have the Ancient of Wonders turned into a demonic infernal. The Good: Amazing colour choice that fits in with your other phosphorous infernal, we have the dark greens of the rock contrasted...
A follow up skin to your phosphorous infernal this time we have the Ancient of Wonders turned into a demonic infernal.

The Good:
Amazing colour choice that fits in with your other phosphorous infernal, we have the dark greens of the rock contrasted against the bright vibrant flaming cracks on the skin. The skin looks great and cohesive and still has a burning effect in spite of the model lacking flame effects. The face also looks good. The inclusion of Team-colour is always a plus and you've included shading on the team-colour which is something some people miss. A really impressive skin, that looks good. The highlighting and shading is also good. As always the texture has been done in your cool and unique style which is always a delight to see.

Areas for Improvement:
I've got similar comments here to the phosphorous infernal the texture doesn't have many components to it which has its pros and cons. The pros is it requires you to be inventive and makes it easier to texture, the cons being you can sometimes be a bit limited in variation. However, in this case, I think you've pulled it off pretty well. My only thing would be I'd like you to experiment more with the actual "texture" of materials i.e. making rock look and "feel" like rock, or metal, or fabric or skin. You kinda do it in some of your skins but here the "rock" is almost implied and could be made more explicit if you added a certain "graininess" to the rock parts. However this is more of a general suggestion to you as an artist on how to develop your style and doesn't necessarily detract from the skin.

Conclusion:
I do like having multiple options and having both this and your phosphorous infernal as variations to the regular infernal is great and I hope I get to see it used in people's maps and projects. The execution has been done very well and I personally really like the skin. Therefore approved!

Level 32
1690026884174.png
Almost 4 month later and I still like it for being this simplistic yet effective. I see them in the wrestling ring and they were talking to a "mountain giant". Perhaps we may get Phosphorus Giant in the future and adopt him into household.

Although you could leave recommendation what other unit can fit in the Phosphorus environment.