• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

petrification system beta 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Gladius_Tito
well this is a petrific system for beginners, its to easy to use in GUI , you only need add units to an espesific group an run the petrific tigger,

petrification convert target in rock, convert units can be attacked by any unit,
Heros will be Unpetrificated automatically after 10 seconds,
Units can be unpetricated using "Unpetrification" Tigger

this map has two exaple spell',s an small boss figth example, an a maze example!

Example Spells:

-petrification beam
-petrification nova

Screenshots!

Petrification Nova
petric.jpg

Petrification Beam

Based on Credits :
Elunes arrows spell bye:
reason 3
MortAr

petric2.jpg

petric3.jpg

changes in 2.0
-change in maze example
-add Unpetrifcation sistem
-Set petrification effect temporaly in hero,
-Add sing in map...

changes in Beta 2
-add boss figth example
-add mini maze example
-fix hero petrification bug
-terrarin changes
-add credits

Keywords:
petrification, petrify, medusa, spell, ball, nova, beam, system, rock, stone, naga , yeyo, MUI, template.
Contents

Petrification system 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. This is not MUI as it relies on a single boolean "EA_RUNING" and also would conflict with other systems that pause/unpause units. You should have a dummy caster apply mass-stun to...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

This is not MUI as it relies on a single boolean "EA_RUNING" and also would conflict with other systems that pause/unpause units. You should have a dummy caster apply mass-stun to achieve the effect while preserving MUI.

It needs an in-game screenshot as its main image.

You should be using (Triggering unit) not (Casting unit).

Level 24
So this is permanent?
or did you just leave out a trigger by mistake?
if this is on purpose, i wouldn't recommend it for online games, might as well just give firebolt 0.00 duration and call it a day.

oh and you are able to attack the converted units.

Level 4
So this is permanent?

yes it is permanent,

i wouldn't recommend it for online games, might as well just give firebolt 0.00 duration and call it a day.
oh and you are able to attack the converted units.

well i dont think so because you can use in many ways and that the skills used in the map are only examples,

you could use this system to:

boss hero (like the boss of the corner of the map)
labyrinths
traps

and ideal for maps like: sand, rpg, orpg, etc is using the skills that require channeling, and target drives are not heroes.

it all depends on your creativity

Level 3
It looks good but if the target is a hero, then the target hero's color doesn't darkens and when a hero effected by nova, it does it's attack animation again.

Look Paladin

Before the nova:
49719712.png

After nova:
59653598.png

And animation changes:
50770926.png

Level 37
It's not MUI due to the wait.
Why do you kill the hero and create another? Creating another most likely results in the new unit having a different name, which is niot cool. It also results in "Your hero has fallen", and you'll be able to revive him even though he's supposed to be petrified.
Why do you turn off the collision off for petrified units? Statues made of stone should have collision IMO.

Level 24
He wrote that you can attack the units, also off course it's permanent, that's how it works...
convert units can be attacked by any unit

mai boi, you are incorrect.

yes it is permanent,
you could use this system to:

boss hero (like the boss of the corner of the map)
labyrinths
traps

and ideal for maps like: sand, rpg, orpg, etc is using the skills that require channeling, and target drives are not heroes.

it all depends on your creativity

well,okay, check this out, picture this scenario, your walking through a dungeon/labyrinth you trigger this spell from a trap, your hero is petrified, Game over.
Or, your attacking the dungeon boss, the boss triggers this spell, your hero is petrified, Game over.

Giving this to any (computer/human) player will just cause permanent stuns, so I really can't wrap my head around the appeal of the infinite stun.

Level 13
Make it that when you're petrified you either have to try to struggle out of it by right clicking many times or somthing, or give it a time limit.

Level 5
The whole point of petrify is to turn you to stone... Not much you can do to break out of it.
Your ally might have to use an item to restore you, or you might have to wait for enemy to kill so you can resurrect, but petrify is petrify.

If a boss uses it, it should be noticeable and thus able to be dodged, and same as for traps. But to just make it into a stun or sleep - it makes the system redundant. This is actually a good idea, imo.

Level 4
Why do you stole my 'Elune Arrow' triggers?
Im only use it for make the exaple spells, so i forget give credits to creator now I'll put the credits

mai boi, you are incorrect.

well,okay, check this out, picture this scenario, your walking through a dungeon/labyrinth you trigger this spell from a trap, your hero is petrified, Game over.
Or, your attacking the dungeon boss, the boss triggers this spell, your hero is petrified, Game over.

Giving this to any (computer/human) player will just cause permanent stuns, so I really can't wrap my head around the appeal of the infinite stun.

This system is only a visual effect, if target unit is a hero, that hero will revive, but in the area of effect aprecera a dummy of the paralyzed

if you tried the map will see that if the hero dies petrified
the hero will revive in another part of the map so that the infinite stun exisit not for heroes, but rather for the units.

Level 13
The whole point of petrify is to turn you to stone... Not much you can do to break out of it.
Your ally might have to use an item to restore you, or you might have to wait for enemy to kill so you can resurrect, but petrify is petrify.

If a boss uses it, it should be noticeable and thus able to be dodged, and same as for traps. But to just make it into a stun or sleep - it makes the system redundant. This is actually a good idea, imo.

I understand what you're saying, but there is a problem. I really want to use these spells for a hero in my map, but if petrify last forever that will just be unfair, kinda lame (especially against bosses or other powerful units), and completely unbalenced.

Ever seen the game God of War? When you fight medusas you get turned to stone all the time, but there is a trick to getting out of it. You have to struggle, but if you don't struggle quick enough any unit can just hit you once and you shatter. IMO a system like that is much more useful and more balenced. I ain't a fan of the perma stun, but the idea is nice and I would really like this system to be improved :)

Level 12
I don't see a reason not to make it have a time limit. Making it more flexible like if the downloader sets the "duration" variable to 0 then its permanent, but if its set to e.g. 1 then its only 1 second. Much better IMO.

EDIT: Just finished recreating the system, just in vJass though. But it only requires 1 function call. So GUI users can easily use it if they know how to read simple english and follow a few instructions.

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't see a reason not to make it have a time limit. Making it more flexible like if the downloader sets the "duration" variable to 0 then its permanent, but if its set to e.g. 1 then its only 1 second. Much better IMO.

well ill have to make two system this and other version with duration

I'll put a good system "unpetrified" to the map

but extends all once and for all, system of the hero leaves a dummy,
auntamaticamente hero dies, the hero is not paralyzed, I could revive at any time, could determine the duration of your spells you

Level 12
well ill have to make two system this and other version with duration

I'll put a good system "unpetrified" to the map

but extends all once and for all, system of the hero leaves a dummy,
auntamaticamente hero dies, the hero is not paralyzed, I could revive at any time, could determine the duration of your spells you

Why do you need 2 systems? Do you want me to code it for you? I can make this pretty fast, its simple.