• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Petard

I uploaded the peasant portrait as well and renamed it so it would work with the petard for those who would not know about that neat little trick.

No need to credit me, this is basically all blizzard stuff glued together.

Updated.
Is now suicidal :)

Update 2. Made the peasant disappear earlier during death spell explosion. Reduce explosion size just a bit so you can see more sparky stuff ingame.

Keywords:
Petard, Peasant, Saboteur, AoW, Age of Empires 2
Contents

Petard (Model)

Reviews
Frankster :Simple edit, but quite useful and creative. Works in-game and performs well. Approved. (as a side note: If you could make a more unique version of this model in the future.

M

Moderation: 17:33, Saturday 3rd March 2012
Frankster :Simple edit, but quite useful and creative.
Works in-game and performs well.
Approved.
(as a side note: If you could make a more unique version of this model in the future.

Level 21
A peasant carrying a TNT barrel? Well I hope he says goodbye to his family before blowing up into a million pieces.

A peasant carrying a TNT barrel? Well I hope he says goodbye to his family before blowing up into a million pieces.
yeah he's the ''Human answer'' to the goblin sappers: a Peasant-Sapper-Man! :thumbs_up: Nice idea so far, but i haven't tested it ingames yet. :goblin_boom:

EDIT: there's something wrong with the barrel in the beginning of the ''Death'' anim. At the very beginning it looks like it's stucked in the air behind him and that it acts (drops down in this case) a bit later. The barrel in the back isn't that good synchronized with the movements of the human. I'd suggest you to fix that a bit, as it looks kinda.......twitchy the way it is now :vw_wtf:

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
It's called a petard because that's the type of bomb historically used for making breaches on walls during sieges. Sometimes the petard would be detonated too early, killing the engineer caught in the blast. This gave origin to the saying "a hoist by it's own petard".

Also it's based off an age of empires 2 unit of the same name, who was a guy with a barrel of explosives used to suicide bomb structures.