• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pestilence of Mundus : Looking for ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to hive. I've been working on a map for just about 3 months now and well I've come to a stand still. I will begin by giving a rough description outline of what is inside of this map and what player will be doing.

Summary - This map is a survival based map, where one player is a Pestilent Entity which in other words is an alien which has arrived on mundus, I am not sure how he will be selected yet, but it may be random based on an evolution tree.

Human:
As a human you pretty much can choose to use a number of weapons with wonderful help from the many animations villager. Your primary units statistics are represented by a hero, in other words most skills and statistics of your primary unit are based on your hero who really just acts as a dummy unit.

Entity:
As a Pestilent Entity your roll is pretty much to follow an evolution tree of your own choice which determines what you are and how you reproduce. At the start you choose from Mutation, Parasitic and Viral. The path you choice drasticly effects how you go about playing, rough details displayed below.

Mutation - Reproduces by using biomass which can be obtained from any organic matter, be that a corpse, living unit and tree's. Instead of infecting a host it grows offspring to reproduce and is more "Structure" based.

Parasitic - A rough explanation is that you are essentially a zombie, at the start you will require a living host, in other words a unit who's health has been dropped below 20%. As you go up your tree you may choose to be able to infest any sort of host be that dead or alive.

Viral - Reproduces strictly by using living hosts, hosts change very little and are instead affected mentally, in addition to that your hosts are controled by a computer which you are in control of, which allows you to be undetected as you go about infecting hosts, the combat system is very simple, when a unit engages combat with your spawn he will be given to hostile which is hostile to all players excluding the player himself and he will still be in control. After a short time the host will return to a seemingly neutral unit. Unfortunatly the downfall to viral is your hosts combat capabilities are based on his original unit.

Quick Details -
1: There is no magic of any type in this game, I would like to make it fun and rewarding without the very commonly used systems of magic, skills will be based entirely on your statistics and I've already implemented a very large amount of them.

2: There are 3 combat modifiers when inflicting damage to an enemy, the first being your weapon, your weapon is then affected by a attribute, that attribute is based on the weapon for example, ranged = Agility. Melee weapons (Excluding dagger) are strength. The third multiplier is your skill in the specific weapon type. The modifiers do not include the enemies armor. Armor is more so starcraft-type. In other words 1 armor reduces 1 damage. Armor being based on the type of armor you crafted and or are wearing.

Story: Takes place in a medieval era and in this specific area where the map takes place in the kingdom of the Vatican, home to the Zealous Imperials known for their pure relentless dedication to their deity known as Sol.
The Vatican Kingdom is wounded, food is scarce and the residence are so desperate they would gladly kill a man for a loaf of bread. This is all due to a massive Genocide of a neighboring empire.

Human Objectives: Humans must purge every single trace of the entity at all costs in order to win.

Pestilent Entity: Entities must kill all human players in order to win.

Overall: Most features have been implemented but my problem is just coming up with more diverse skills, perhaps even new ideas for the entities in terms of new adapations along their tree.

Feel free to give any ideas, make any suggestions and if needed I will clarify on anything on request. Also if you wish to contact me by e-mail.
E-mail me at: [email protected] for ideas and suggestions.
My battle.net username on east is. Kessinger@UsEast

Last edited:
Level 5
Is Mundus a world you just made up, then? And what's the technology like in that case? Medieval era can mean anything, even without magic, as it would technically vary by each world.

Also, humans could have basic classes with items designed to pick out their role. For example, you mentioned the Zealous Imperials are highly religious, so you could have a Priest class with items tailored to deal damage (Inquisitor/Witch Hunter style), or a "field medic" type play type using prayer (not magic) and herbal mixtures to heal the humans, or the Entity if s/he can fool the Priest.

Status
Not open for further replies.