• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Permanent MK Avatar animation/model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Yet another question from me that probably has a simple answer, but here goes.
I'm trying to make a unit that uses the default Mountain King model, except that he should be locked into the avatar visual, similar to Zeus from DotA. I've done a permanently metamorphed demon hunter before, but setting every "art - required something or other" -object editor field to the same values as the perma-demon doesn't seem to do the trick for this little dwarf. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong, or a suggestion how to do it?

And while I'm asking about unit animations, I have a unit that uses the blood mage model and has an attached custom sword, but it only looks good on a certain attack animation out of the many he has. What's the simplest way to make him always display a specific attack animation when attacking, or is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
For avatar model its just entering in the key word "alternate" in required animation names field or how its called in English editor.
Look troll berserker model for egzample, how to do it properly.

To let given unit only use 1 type of attack animation (if it has more than 1) you have to customize the model itself, since order attack alsways rolls a random animation from attack animations set for given unit. Correct me if im mistaken that thats the only option, sorry then.

If you going to customize model, use Warcraft Model Editor, found in Tools, go to Sequence menager and delete animations you do not want to be displayed.

Level 2
Got the avatar to work after playing around a little. It seems that the editor doesn't display it the way it shows in-game, causing some confusion.

Your model editing fix for the attack animation was simple and good too, whipped up a (crappy) custom skin for the guy while I was at it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.