• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Periodic, themed, image editing mini-contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Well, the title pretty much sums it up.
The last image editing contest was really long ago, and, in my humble opinion, did not revolve around a good theme.

My suggestion is as follows:
Annual mini-contests be held in the art forums, or here in the arena (for popularity reasons). The themes can be of all varieties, lets say... chimeras, machines, fantasy landscapes, you name it.

The deadlines shall be no more than a week or so, as more than that would simply be ridiculous.

Furthermore, a gallery thread of all the winning pieces could be created in the art gallery, so the Hive can show off with its best image editors' work.

So, now I wanna hear your suggestions.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Well, yeah, Photoshopping or any sort of image manipulating that can have realistic results is good.

The rewards... small amounts of rep?

The requirements: making it look good and following the specific contest themes.

The due dates should be no more than a week after the contest has begun.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Well, if the mods decide to check this thread out and maybe even approve the idea, host the compo, decide on the rewards and beginning/due date... which is quite a lot, you'll be able to compete! ^^

For now we wait and see if others approve the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.