1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

People who went off the rail

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Reon, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    No that wont happen, but when you find out how wrong you were about somebody it makes you question your own decisions and judgement does this make sense?

2. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Reon

Yes and it's normal, your confidence in your decisions will be back soon. Simply stay away from the individual and others like him now that you've learned all this

3. Reon

Reon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hope you're right

4. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
    So no more discussions of toxicity?

5. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    I stand by what I said

no one wants to be a doormat

If someone likes it they're one unique individual

6. :Elite:

:Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    This, I stated this from the start. I don't understand why some people refuse to see that certain people are just scumbags.

7. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    People are different, some dont across this behavior often.

8. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you serious?

9. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, people often witness someone acting like that and think that hes crazy and it doesnt effect them because they're not close to the person, its different when one of your friends/former friends just starts acting like that..that raises lots of questions and makes you really think about what's up. Not everyone has experience with this sort of thing, you wouldn't just go and call one of your friends/formal friends a scumbag would you?

10. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    It depends on what the person did. Look early on in my life some of my school buddies turned out to be real scumbags, mind you these were people I knew for years, and here's what one of them started doing. He would burrow money, never return it, burrow clothes, never return them. I honestly forgot about some of these things. Then one day I had to help him out on a job and the dude refused to drive me home afterwards (this was like at 2am) because of a stupid reason. Then he basically started this whole beef with some of my other friends and did a whole lot of dumb shit. At that point on I realized that hes just a scumbag, and thats it. I just stopped hanging out with him and chose to basically avoid him at all costs, don't know what became of the guy but I heard he did 2 stints in jail a few years back.

11. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    But was he always kind of a scumbag, or was there a turning point? Or how did you understand it.

12. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think he was always like that. but I never really noticed it, then it got worse. Or maybe something caused it to get worse, but no one ever did anything to him, he would just screw others over, and always have an excuse handy or straight up tell his version of the events to make it look like he was right.

13. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting. So you ever thought there was an underlying psychological problem behind it?

14. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, let me explain.

You see crazies on the street, they do retarded things. Now there were some people who were pretty delusional. I remember one person in particular, he would go in front of people and claim to be a character from mortal combat. And he would actually attempt to fight people in some instances, now it got weird cause he ended up punching some cop and getting arrested for it but what I learned is that if someone's crazy, their insanity has full control of them, they will do whatever it dictates whether or not there are consequences to it or not. Like this guy, he punched regular people, then he punched a cop, now no normal person would do that but someone who is insane will. The person I was talking about before this would not do that type of thing, he would only screw other people over, he knew the consequences of his actions and would not do anything too crazy unless he majorly benefited in some way.

15. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Psychological problems do not mean full blown delusion, it can be lesser psychological problems.

16. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im not gonna make excuses for someone's shitty behavior. To me this person is clearly a scumbag, a snake, who is not only fully aware of his actions-but does them repeatedly and probably enjoys doing them. I think you even wrote that you gotta distance yourself from these kinds of people and that is absolutely correct -all they do is use people and are a burden on their family and friends

17. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes distance from these people is the best option

18. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    exactly, if you think you can fix them or improve them you're just a fool who is only deluding yourself

19. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I cant fully agree with that cause I'm sure health care professionals have rehabilitated individuals, but I'm no professional at this.

20. :Elite:

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know about that. I think its very close to impossible to change someone's personality, especially so after the person's teen years.