• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Peasants' Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

patitle.jpg

What is this

A map I've been working on. I made it for LAN fun on 2011 or 2012, then it was derping on my HDD for quite a time. Now I've started working on it again. The map size is small, and so is the player count, but that's only because of the early stage of this map.The goal of the map depends on what side you are. On evils' side you need to kill specific amount of peasants for you to win. On peasants' side you need to survive for specific amount of time, and not let Pit Lord (main bad guy) kill your peasants.This map contains also a custom tech tree with custom models. It has sort of a melee touch to it, along with very strong walls and upgradeable towers.

Screenshots

Coming soonish...

Gameplay Videos

Coming to next version (✓ means it's completed)

Afk support ✓
Alliances
Bigger map ✓
Bot as Pit Lord's ally
Difficulties
Experience system ✓
Minions as Pit Lord's ally
New UD hero ✓
New cinematic - "Pit Lord's victory"
One new player slot ✓
Pit Lord revamp ✓
Unit stats changes ✓

Next version is Alpha 4, which is like 60% done. I'll upload it to this post, and onto makemehost.com when it's ready. It'll include changes mentioned above.

Attachments

• PeasantsNightmareAlpha3.5xmasprot.w3x
    7.1 MB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Thanks, it's used in the map preview screen:
papreview3.5.jpg

Level 22
Looks like a World War II era theme (the preview image). Are there tanks and stuff, yeah! That would be nice. I'd like to ride a tank against a pit lord.

It was on a cold day of December of 1943, me and my buddies were chasing some women, when suddenly... something we couldn't fathom appeared in front of us! At first it looked like a tiny circular disc. It grew larger and larger until it was as big as a 2-storey structure. From it appeared something sinister, more sinister than a blind rat... It was a Pit Lord.

Suddenly, I felt fear. Fear I had never felt before, even when I was being chased by golden rabbits, this fear I had not felt! I was quick to turn back and run away from that abomination. Alas! my friends Chuck and Norris wasn't able to run. In matter of seconds, they were swallowed like cherries on top of a birthday cake.

Running for miles, I lost track of the time. I had to run. I was afraid, I tell you! I didn't know I had already passed out. Luckily, a young lady saw me, and ignored me. The person who helped me told me that she was a serial killer. That person's name was Jess. He said some people were running away from a nearby town, I remembered the Pit Lord. I immediately told Jess my story and we both decided to make a run for it.

I hope we survive this nightmare.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Nope, it's set at the same time as Warcraft 3 itself.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It was on a cold day of December of 1943, me and my buddies were chasing some women, when suddenly... something we couldn't fathom appeared in front of us! At first it looked like a tiny circular disc. It grew larger and larger until it was as big as a 2-storey structure. From it appeared something sinister, more sinister than a blind rat... It was a Pit Lord.

Suddenly, I felt fear. Fear I had never felt before, even when I was being chased by golden rabbits, this fear I had not felt! I was quick to turn back and run away from that abomination. Alas! my friends Chuck and Norris wasn't able to run. In matter of seconds, they were swallowed like cherries on top of a birthday cake.

Running for miles, I lost track of the time. I had to run. I was afraid, I tell you! I didn't know I had already passed out. Luckily, a young lady saw me, and ignored me. The person who helped me told me that she was a serial killer. That person's name was Jess. He said some people were running away from a nearby town, I remembered the Pit Lord. I immediately told Jess my story and we both decided to make a run for it.

I hope we survive this nightmare.

Nice :p

I'm currently uploading a game play video of this map. I tell you, it went pretty bad with all these bugs TT Good thing it's only at the alpha stage :/

The video contains Pit Lord's aspect to the game, which is OP, I guess I need to nerf him a little bit. I've already reduced the amount of workers he has on each mine from 5 to 3, but that seems not to be enough...

Edit: Uploaded it, peasant aspect coming soon. I must repeat myself and remind this is at early stage, nothing you see is final.

Edit2: I just recorded the peasant aspect, I will upload it tomorrow... edit: uploaded

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Update: Added download for alpha 3.5. Alpha 4 will come later this month. Or next month, depending on how motivated I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.