• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Peach WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I was making my Zelda skin, looking at the walk animation for the female villager, it reminded me of Princess Peach. So I decided I'd make her, next (and then forgot and made a skin for Jaina instead xD). I finally got round to starting today and this is what I have so far:

peach.png

Things to do:
  • Finish bottom of skirt
  • Finish top & add jewel thingy
  • Gloves
  • Add lace
  • Fix face (her expression looks weird to me)
  • General tidying/finishing touches

Any comments/suggestions/huge glaring mistakes?

Thanks for looking. =D

Level 10
wow, you're an excellent artist, but heres some critiques... only to help you, it looks acceptable as is btw. lol

anyways the wrap on the back looks a bit odd, may just be a model problem though also some of the shading on the "ruffled" part of the bottom section of the dress looks a little "sloppy" maybe touch it up a bit... other than that- excellent texture!!
amazing :]

Level 6
No change. =/

I've tried double checking that I've imported the right skin, and I edited another with alpha scribbled all over, that one had no effect either.

Edit: I just tried applying the skin to another model, and the alpha worked just fine. Is it possible the Female Villager model just doesn't support alpha-ing out parts? I could be completely wrong, but that's all I can think of.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
That's right, the VillagerWoman model doesn't support alpha. You can get around that by setting its transparency to 1% through triggers, but there may be some side effects.

To do this:

Create a new action, select Animation from the dropdown box, select Change Unit Vertex Colouring from the second dropdown box, then set the transparency to 1% or 0.1% whichever works best for you.

Level 6
That's right, the VillagerWoman model doesn't support alpha. You can get around that by setting its transparency to 1% through triggers, but there may be some side effects.

To do this:

Create a new action, select Animation from the dropdown box, select Change Unit Vertex Colouring from the second dropdown box, then set the transparency to 1% or 0.1% whichever works best for you.

Thanks so much for the tip. :D

peachalpha.png

Does she look like she's floating to anyone? If she does, I can bring the pale trim down lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.