• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Making a custom gate, it's actual pathing size (gate horizontal pathing) is not wide enough however so units can slip through the ends even while closed.

Are there a wider gate pathing than the standard or would there be some other solution than adding pathing blockers, which i'd prefer not to.

Level 22
You could edit the path map of the gate, I think there's a tutorial on how to do that here.

Level 14
Why don't you want to use pathing blockers? I find them very useful. All you need to do is add them around the gate pathing to make it work. Just press P in the world editor to see which ground is walkable (blue or nothing) and which isn't (pink). Then just add some pathing blockers where you need them. I have also found it useful to edit pathing blockers in the object editor to make bigger ones so less can be used. Otherwise, ya do what they said.^

Level 9
You can also use Jasspack's UMSWE note the editor must be ran in administrator mode for it to work there from UMSWE you can edit a tile to make it unwalkable if that suits your needs also warning the pathability of that tile will remain unwalkable unless you put a region or rect as you call it in jasspack in a area where you wish for it to be temporarily walkable with this trigger
  • Environment - Set terrain pathing at (Center of (Playable map area)) of type Walkability to On

Level 12
Why don't you want to use pathing blockers?

Thing is, the gate is going to be a unit (2 actually with a morph to change it, 1 for open and another for closed obviusly) so that the gate can be attacked while it's open and to allow players to open it through shared unit control. Pathing blockers would work, but it would not be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.