• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pathing Blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1. make two regions
2. create a boolean variable (if you have more players, then make it an array)
3. create a trigger: if player owned unit enters region, and has a false value for you desired boolean (completing a quest, acquiring item, killing a monster...), then move unit instantly to center of first region
4. of course if your boolean is true, the player will pass the area

Note: of course the unit has to encounter the first region first then the second, so it can be always moved instantly back to the first, thus it will never pass until you boolean is true...(make your boolean an array, depending on the number of players you want to get checked by your trigger...)

I hope this helps! Have a nice day!...RESPECT!!!

Level 9
I can't really define the point, but making a pathing blocker for a specific player doesn't seem possible. When creating a doodad, it usually is in its nature's way, not within other player's will; what I'm trying to say is that a doodad can't really go with a player, but is rather neutral to themselves.

You can try to make a unit of it, that is one alternative. If you still have trouble, you can reply back. I'm sure this problem can be fixed in one other way, also referring what IaMfReNcH said.

Level 5
You can make ''Pathing Blocker'' like a ability and use that for region .I tried to create this trigger -> ,but that is unwalkable only at first time,at second he can walk over..
  • PathingBlocker
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters UnwalkableRegion001 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Entering unit))
      • Set Point2 = (Random point in UnwalkableRegion001 <gen>)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is selected by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to Point1
          • Set Point3 = (Random point in UnwalkableRegion001 <gen>)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point3)
        • Else - Actions
- maybe someone can try to edit this one and help him..

Level 6
what the use of point2 and point3 ?

then your unit enter the region and is teleported where she is... that mean in the region. When you teleport a unit, it cause it to stop (so issuing order "stop" would be the same. But as she is already in the region, the second time, it doesn't trigger again. you need to exit the region and come back in to trigger again.

But we really need to know what does Ninja_Duels want it for.

Level 5
About Point3 - my problem, didn't seen.I in real think , that it's possible how to make unit stop for all times but don't now how inreal :D .

Level 6
but the question is how to traceback the unit ?

You could even try to intercept orders targeting a point in the area. But the unit can still be targeted a point further, so he'll move as nearest as possible and maybe enter the area.

Level 20
Events
Unit enters X region

Conditions
None

Actions
----- Set variables to avoid leaks -----
Set Point1 = Unit position of entering unit
Set Point2 = Offset of Point1 towards -20 facing angle of entering unit
----- Move unit backwards -----
Unit - Move unit instatly to Point2
----- Remove leaks -----