• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pathing and Collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I was working with a function for JASS that involves movement, the way I was using it was to re-create "Jump", so I set the pathing to false to the unit does not collide with other units, and looks nice and uniform

But the unit doesn't move properly when it flys above other units...

It moves to the sides as if it still had its pathing turned on

Does anybody have any experience with unit pathing + movement bugs and possibly some information that could help me out?

Level 12
Umm... he did that and it did not work correctly. That is why he wants help.

Level 12
Turn Collision On/Off is GUI.
SetUnitPathing(unit, true/false) is the Jass/actual.

Level 12
Aye, I did the pathing to false, what spiwn is saying is exactly correct

Yeah, I can't think of anything else

I was pondering using triggered movement, but that wouldn't work with the function I am using

Level 12
Thats what I am doing at the moment

I am currently triggering the movement, whilst turning collision false, I thought perhaps ordering the unit rather than moving it bit by bit via JASS would affect the in-game movement coding, but it would not suit my needs

I don't believe you can help me if you don't have any JASS knowledge, as it is a fairly advanced function I am working with

Level 40
SetUnitPosition takes pathing into account, and I assume it's ignoring the fact that SetUnitPathing was called.

SetUnitX/Y ignore everything except... setting the unit's x/y, respectively. You can even move units off the map, and things of that sort (Though I suggest you don't, it tends to cause game crashes).

Level 12
SetUnitPosition takes pathing into account, and I assume it's ignoring the fact that SetUnitPathing was called.

SetUnitX/Y ignore everything except... setting the unit's x/y, respectively. You can even move units off the map, and things of that sort (Though I suggest you don't, it tends to cause game crashes).

Ohhhh

That helps alot

+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.