• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Path of War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is called Path of War, but it's also called Realm of Glimeriat.

Used to be played in PVP.

There's no AI for the map. I accept hints for creating AI for this kind of map.

Once upon a time there was a great and peaceful kingdom called Glimeriat, it was the golden age of this kingdom, happiness and prosperity. But the King, Sir Lionart was killed by his Right-Arm, without heir the Kingdom was done. The Kingdom split in two parts: Damasco and Silverbeam.

Damasco - Mainland of the King's former Right Arm.
Objective: Destroy Silverbeam and take over the kindgom.

Silverbeam - Mainland of those who were loyal to Lionart.
Objective: Destroy Damasco and rebuild the Kingdom.

Units in the game:

Peasant - The worker.
Swordsman - The primary infantry.
Legionnaire - The high rank of the Swordsman
Archer - The long-range attacker.
Cavalry - The mounted warrior.
Cannon - The powerful engine used to smash buildings.
Priest - The man behind the cure.
General - The Squad Leader of these people.

Sorry for my bad english cause I'm brazilian and this is my first project and I hope you like. Please if you find any bugs or have any suggestions contact me.

Models and Credits:

Cavalry - Mounted Swordsman by Mephestrial, edited by me.
Archer - Armored Village Man Archer by eubz.
Legionnaire - Suggested by Shadow Fury, Stromgarde Footman by takakenji, edited by me.

All the icons were created by me.

Skins and icons by Paint.NET

This map, I guess, is not protected so you can edit the way you want.

I accept positive and negative criticism so I can improve the map.

New Update:

Added some Props, a small village, a river, raise/lower terrain, and enviromental.
Changed names for Priest Adept Training (Healing Power), Marksmanship (Piercing Arrows), Improved Bows (Pure Vision), Legionnaire Upgrade, Searing Touch, Tileset changed to Lordaeron Fall, in order to make some reference to a fallen kingdom.

Keywords:
One Will Survive, Blade of Innocence, Kingdom, Path of War, Realm of Glimeriat.
Contents

Path of War (Map)

Reviews
02:27, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet:

M

02:27, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet:
Daffa the Mage;2476747 said:
The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
Map Name: Path of War
Map Author: Casper the Friend

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Honestly, this is more or less are altered melee, I commend your effort for making the map, but it's pretty much simple for an altering attempt. don't give up, this map still have great future, you just need to work hard on it to make it reality.

Score: 16/100
Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

Presentation

A good presentation always come with BB Codes that designed neatly, a BB Coded Description attract A LOT MORE users than ones without them (check Sunken City and Invasion in Duskwood for good example), however, it is still quite good.

Score: 29/100

Design

A designing over the interface and an additional custom load screen can be a great addition which really improves the atmosphere.
Why Legionnaire can only be seen by P2 and not seen by P1?
Also, the game doesn't really designed so it doesn't feel too much like a new game.
Units still have WC III Meleeish feeling, they should be more unique and more interesting, their role are also too similar to the basic, they should be more different.
There should be more unit for more fun.
Avoid M,S,H,A,P Hotkey because they're reserved for the commands.

Score: 22/100

Terrain

Terrain is VERY badly designed, I'll just be honest here.
It needs a VERY urgent remaking/rewrapping because in it's current state it's far from approval.
add doodads such as shrub, throne, flowers, etc. Gates can be added as well if you implement an advanced AI. Bridges can be good as well.
Also, Make the Map BIGGER.

Score: 12/100

Triggers

Triggers are leaky, learn how to clean your leak, I know there aren't many, but they might cause trouble than they worth in long run. They also can cause lags and unplayability.
Avoid waits, Special effect will still displayed even if destroyed instantly.

Score: 20/100

Object Data

The Imports are optimized, that's good, I commend your effort for that!
here's a list of issues :
[1] Cannon is a Siege Engine? better use a custom cannon model
[2] Cannon should attack at lower pace, because building aren't as healthy as normal melee, and Siege crush Fortified armor.
[3] Cannon might be better if it's like an Orc Burrow, requires a Peasant inside
[4] Unit can cost more food (you can have Town Hall + 5/6 Farms to create a massive army of 20-30 units) and spam Cannon without mercy (no food)
[5] Remove Call to Arms ability from Town Hall/Keep/Castle
[6] Legionnaire should require the Upgrade of Swordsman
[7] Priest should be able to attack (or at least have some sort of survival ability)
There are many more, but those are ones I can spot. (I don't like browsing through the data for the issues in the modification

Score: 41/100

Gameplay

It's just like normal altered melee with few modification, not worth replaying the map in current state unless improved.
It's however, worth to play 1-2 times in current state. And I only recommend playing with friend in 1v1 Battle.

Score: 8/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Site Rules
Map still in development? Make a thread in the Map Development Section for feedback.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Tutorials

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 21.143/100
1/5 Vote for Rejection

mr_user_Daffa_the_Mage.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 21
Cheap map! Here is my review:-

- First, are you sure there is the "Archer" in the Barracks? I didn't find any Archer in the Barracks, only Swordman and Cavalry
- Second, bad terrain which was completely flat and lacking of doodads! Only trees, trees and trees again. In addition, the map is very tiny
- I'd like to quote something from a quest:-
"This map was not easy to make. It was a fucking pain in the ass if you ask me...But it's finally over.
Good Luck to Everyone."
Do you think this is an appropriate language to be used in a map? I do not forbid slang terms and smileys, but vulgar statements like this one make you really unprofessional. Please, change it into something less rude
- Too simple modifications done to units, researches and abilities so they resemble a lot the old ones. Cooldown for ALL units was left untouched. So there is nothing new or exciting
- Tile variation was badly manipulated

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Another quotation:-
There's no AI for the map. I accept hints for creating AI for this kind of map.
Read tutorials about the AI editor to know more about it and to learn how to create AIs.
- Remove any vulgar statement like the one listed above, it's not professional
- Add the Archer to the Barracks because it wasn't present
- Make the terrain more hilly. Use Raise/Lower in the Terrain Palette to do this (I said this just if you didn't know as the terrain was completely flat)
- More doodads like shrubs, flowers, rocks. You could also put custom trees because old ones are ugly
- As the tile variation wasn't manipulated efficiently, here are some tips:-
1- Put Dirt and Rough Dirt together to create paths or roads
2- Always mix Grass, Dark Grass and Grassy Dirt
3- Put these tiles around the Dirt and Rough Dirt. If you do this well, you will get a great result :wink:
- You need to make your units more different from old ones. Swordman still has the same attack damage and armor of normal Footman. Cavalry still reminds me of common Knight and when I have this feeling, it means that the unit isn't really done well. Why not transforming the Swordman into an Axeman? Why not transforming the Priest into a Battle Mage?
- If you are planning to create another map, make a larger map

Meh, for now I give this 1.5/5, rate 1 and unluckily vote for REJECTION!

Level 20
Thanks for your review. I gonna to fix all the mistakes. The Archer was a problem because the computer frozen and then I forgot that.

I wrote that was difficult to make because the triggers are not easy to me, and make only one General was hard.

And I tried to make a map style like the internet game Blade of Innocence and One Will Survive where there's not unit upgrades. I was trying to create a map with not to many "new" things, just the "old school" kind. And as I told, it's my first project. But I will try to upgrade the map.

Level 21
If it's your first map, it's a nice try! But simple maps here will only get rejected because people nowadays search for exciting maps with a lot of actions and everything custom! I found out that the most awesome maps have many things custom and are really exciting to play. Another tip:-
Before posting any map, look at other maps, play them, have a look at their triggers, object data, their choice of models/skins/icons and all this stuff.

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
Map Name: Path of War
Map Author: Casper the Friend

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Originality

Honestly, this is more or less are altered melee, I commend your effort for making the map, but it's pretty much simple for an altering attempt. don't give up, this map still have great future, you just need to work hard on it to make it reality.

Score: 16/100

Presentation

A good presentation always come with BB Codes that designed neatly, a BB Coded Description attract A LOT MORE users than ones without them (check Sunken City and Invasion in Duskwood for good example), however, it is still quite good.

Score: 29/100

Design

A designing over the interface and an additional custom load screen can be a great addition which really improves the atmosphere.
Why Legionnaire can only be seen by P2 and not seen by P1?
Also, the game doesn't really designed so it doesn't feel too much like a new game.
Units still have WC III Meleeish feeling, they should be more unique and more interesting, their role are also too similar to the basic, they should be more different.
There should be more unit for more fun.
Avoid M,S,H,A,P Hotkey because they're reserved for the commands.

Score: 22/100

Terrain

Terrain is VERY badly designed, I'll just be honest here.
It needs a VERY urgent remaking/rewrapping because in it's current state it's far from approval.
add doodads such as shrub, throne, flowers, etc. Gates can be added as well if you implement an advanced AI. Bridges can be good as well.
Also, Make the Map BIGGER.

Score: 12/100

Triggers

Triggers are leaky, learn how to clean your leak, I know there aren't many, but they might cause trouble than they worth in long run. They also can cause lags and unplayability.
Avoid waits, Special effect will still displayed even if destroyed instantly.

Score: 20/100

Object Data

The Imports are optimized, that's good, I commend your effort for that!
here's a list of issues :
[1] Cannon is a Siege Engine? better use a custom cannon model
[2] Cannon should attack at lower pace, because building aren't as healthy as normal melee, and Siege crush Fortified armor.
[3] Cannon might be better if it's like an Orc Burrow, requires a Peasant inside
[4] Unit can cost more food (you can have Town Hall + 5/6 Farms to create a massive army of 20-30 units) and spam Cannon without mercy (no food)
[5] Remove Call to Arms ability from Town Hall/Keep/Castle
[6] Legionnaire should require the Upgrade of Swordsman
[7] Priest should be able to attack (or at least have some sort of survival ability)
There are many more, but those are ones I can spot. (I don't like browsing through the data for the issues in the modification

Score: 41/100

Gameplay

It's just like normal altered melee with few modification, not worth replaying the map in current state unless improved.
It's however, worth to play 1-2 times in current state. And I only recommend playing with friend in 1v1 Battle.

Score: 8/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Site Rules
Map still in development? Make a thread in the Map Development Section for feedback.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Tutorials

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 21.143/100
1/5 Vote for Rejection

mr_user_Daffa_the_Mage.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 6
Review: Path of War
Good points
Terrain is good
Bad points
Why is the map type offense if it looks like a meele map?
No screenshots
Map is also boring, because its so small
Suggestions
Improve the description by adding screenshots
2/5

Last edited: