• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Passive miss chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SOLVED]

I'm looking for a passive skill which will grant the unit an x% miss chance.
I can't find a standard skill which can do this. I had hoped something like Critical Strike or Elune's Grace.

I need it as a passive, so Drunken Haze is not really viable. Or if the duration is set to 0 what then?

I would obviously like an easy way to do this, but any solution would be grand.

Last edited:
Well you can cast drunken haze on your hero with a 99999 seconds duration tho. I think 0 duration is infinite also, try testing it.

99999 might not be enough. Who knows :p
I will test the 0 thing.

Meanwhile. I can see the Mountain King's Bash ability has a miss chance. But is that only for the bash part or for the entire attack OR is it actually a form of dodge chance?

edit: maybe 0 multiplier works as well, I pretty sure one of them will.

BloodDrunk said:
Critical strike has miss chance. 0x multiplier, chance to proc as you wish, allow it to mis. That ahould definitely work, I remember I've been using that before. No red texts.

Okay so what I found.
Having Curse set to 0 duration does seem as it will last forever and still be in effect. This DOES display "miss".

Critical Strike with a 100% critical strike chance and a -1 multiplier will make the target take 0 damage. This does NOT display "miss".

Thank you both for leading me in the right direction :)

Level 23
  • Miss
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Tower (Game)
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Tower Miss ) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Attacking unit)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Basic Dummy for (Owner of TempUnit) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Tower Miss to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse TempUnit
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
directly from my map

a DDS won't do actual "miss" for orb effects and such

Though using Drunken Haze and Curse is dispellable so it might not be the best idea. If it were me, I would have used a DDS. I know it's the easiest solution, but it's safer compared to Curse/Drunken Haze that can be dispelled and reset when a unit respawn. I would trigger the "miss" floating text.

Hm yeah that is true. Although I don't think I have anything in map map which can dispel. But it's still worth noting.

doom_sheep said:
directly from my map

a DDS won't do actual "miss" for orb effects and such

I would really like not to have a dds system implemented.
And btw. I was under the impression that "A Unit Is Attacked" causes problems if the attacking unit does not finish its attack (dies before or the player owning the attacking unit orders it to do something else before it finishes).

How about when the unit respawn or reincarnated (if it's for units)? Then the buff would be gone so it should be re-applied.
And yes, "A unit is attacked" causes problems. I can't recall actually using it.

True.
Again not a problem in my map. But the Curse approach would need some tweaking in such a scenario.

Level 23
I would really like not to have a dds system implemented.
And btw. I was under the impression that "A Unit Is Attacked" causes problems if the attacking unit does not finish its attack (dies before or the player owning the attacking unit orders it to do something else before it finishes).

not really?

all my trigger does is make a dummy use curse on the unit every time it begins an attack and doesn't already have the curse buff. as previous posters explained the curse lasts forever so it wouldn't even run more than once per unit unless he gets dispelled in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.