• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Particles staying behind on missile death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So, having skimmed over a few of the tutorials here I failed to notice any notes when it comes to this, basically, I made a custom missile to fit a custom texture of mine and gave the missile a new particle emitter where it had none (I basically copied the values of the necromancer missile particles), the problem is that they still continue to emit when the missile is otherwise dead, like so:

3325fa8fe4050eb7e9479a04c04df96c.png

I also did this in War3 Model Editor if that has any relevance to anything.

Any help would be appreciated, apologies if this has been asked before. ^-^

Level 9
Ohh I think I actually managed to figure it out myself, just never realized to check what functions Mdlvis has. >.>
If there are any good particle tutorials relating to making effects in the more traditional sense, like how to affect particle spread or rotation (the lich missile has particles rotated sideways for example) I'd love to read them as I haven't found any, in any case, problem solved.

Edit: or maybe Mdlvis isn't the answer, I started an effect model but it won't open it since it doesn't contain any geosets. The effect only has one animation (based on the crushing wave impact model) and I need to stop an emitter from working at a certain point.
Perhaps this is something you can help me with? .-.

Level 9
Ohhh I didn't realize to check what ticking the "animated" box on the visibility tab did, this is very good to know, also I feel I'm now learning more about the physics of the particles themselves.

Thank you so much, this is enough for now. ^^

-----

Edit a day later:

Actually, I still have more questions.

I'm trying to do an effect similar to the particles emitted on the Naga Siren's spell animation (and a whole lot of other effects like archmage spell particles etc), however instead of the particles forming an "orb", mine form more of a disk shape. I followed the siren particles very closely and they look the same in the model editor but not ingame.

How can I change the shape?

977d9ac215fd1f32625d28ef89128c61.png

22514f2af58c9903f02b1d57260a11a3.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.