• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parasyte V2.2

[highlight]Trust/No/One[/code]

*The Map is Protected
*This Map isn't a remake of anything

A group of Farmers return to their village and found out that there are blood thirsty monsters that survive by living inside a human body, the Parasyte, they can transform themselves into anybody and want to kill all the remaining human.

Gameplay :
The game will randomly pick one of the players to be the parasyte, which is able to transform itself into anybody (both body and voice). The Parasyte try to kill all the remaining humans while the humans try to kill the parasyte or survive until the selected time runs out.
At the end of each round the game will calculate the score and will restart and randomly pick a player again. The game allows player to set winning score and time each round. The first player whose score reached the selected amount of points wins the game.

Score Calculate :
Parasyte kills Parasyte = -3
Parasyte kills Human = +2
Human kills Human = -2
Human kills Parasyte = +3

Tips :
1. Village gate switches located on the highest floor of the town hall.
2. Parasyte can change their body and voice into anybody.
3. A dead player can only communicate with dead players.
4. Can be more than 1 Parasytes if there is more than 6 players.
5. Destroying trust between players always good for the Parasyte.
6. Using strategy, fibbing and lying are the ways of the Parasyte.
7. Humans stay in group! But one of your friends maybe not a human!
8. Fake Dead Can be use Once a round!
9. If you are dead, you will become a ghost.
10. First player whose score reach the Winning Score wins the game.
11. Player who was a parasyte can be a parasyte again.
12. Walking in the corn crops is slower than normal.
13. Critters can sense an aura of a parasyte.
14. Parasyte see better than human in the corns.
15. Destroy a door if it is locked and you need to enter.
16. Jumping off windows can be deadly.
17. Guns are dangerous.
18. The game is more fun with lot of people. (6+)

Screenshots :
163512-albums3637-picture33133.jpg

163512-albums3637-picture33134.jpg

163512-albums3637-picture33135.jpg

163512-albums3637-picture33136.jpg

163512-albums3637-picture33137.jpg

Little Tricks :) :

originally used by : Rapidhero
163512-albums3678-picture33599.jpg

1. Get someone to follow you into a room

163512-albums3678-picture33600.jpg

2. Then lock the door so they can't escape

163512-albums3678-picture33601.jpg

3. Transform into Parasyte, they will be like OMFG!! (This work very good)

163512-albums3678-picture33595.jpg

1. Disguise as other player.

163512-albums3678-picture33596.jpg

2. Go meet a group of players

163512-albums3678-picture33597.jpg

3. Let them see you transform into Parasyte (in disguised color of course)

163512-albums3678-picture33598.jpg

4. Then run away, hopefully they are noob enough to kill the guy you disguised as when they see him around.

This trick is for fun or use when others know that you are Parasyte
163512-albums3678-picture33606.jpg

1. Kill your victim first

163512-albums3678-picture33607.jpg

2. Disguise as the one you killed, remember talk like him too
Now you can be fooling around or kill others in human form
*The dead cannot speak

originally used by : greatninjaman
163512-albums3678-picture33592.jpg

1. Tell people that you gonna go AFK

163512-albums3678-picture33593.jpg

2. Turn into Parasyte

163512-albums3678-picture33594.jpg

3. Now, go rape people without no one knowing it is you

163512-albums3678-picture33602.jpg

Insulting youself and then say something like WTF, that wasn't me! Confusing people

163512-albums3678-picture33603.jpg

Saying that you just kill yourself

163512-albums3678-picture33604.jpg

1. Try to get everyone talking as possible

163512-albums3678-picture33605.jpg

2. If someone don't respond, they might busy being Parasyte

This can be very deadly since Fake Death can be use once-a-round.
Parasyte may wait if he knows you are using Fake Death.
163512-albums3678-picture33678.jpg

NOOB :
Use the ability far away from the Parasyte
or
Use the ability when the Parasyte isn't attacking

163512-albums3678-picture33677.jpg

PRO :
Wait until the Parasyte plays his attack animation

Credits :
Farmer Skin - Red Shift
Wooden Floor Skin - 67chrome
Wooden Cliff Skin - inhuman89
Butcher Knife & Knife Model - Sunchips
Bed Model - alreadyused
Bed Skin - BloodStorm2262
Anvil Model - Carrington2k@Lordaeron
Door Model - Misha
Cage Model - rednek
Rifle Model - Herio-san
Log Model - funkid2
Tomb Havester Model - HappyCockroach
Pick Axe Model - Fan
Picture Box - Pinachet
Pile of Wood Model - Draknyte1
Stairs (Table) Model - chaosfury
Torch Model - ThatGuy43
Curtain Model - Ket
Hobbit's Models - Olofmoleman
Axe Model - Justify

Special Thanks :
Hiveworkshop and the people in the Chat room :D
Cilla for chat system
Inspired by LazyCoder's map, The Thing
All garena testers

-Please rate and comment on how to improve it
-Thankyou

For Players :
- I try to make this map as simple as possible since I dislike complicated map, you may love or hate this map, check it out ;)
- As noted before more people more fun, yet too many people can be pretty annoying.
- If you play with noobs its not gonna be that fun since this map depends on Players for a good game play, so try using the tricks shown above for interesting game play.

Changelogs :
remove the testing trigger, which create player 2 unit / Player leave game bug

Add tips /Disable minimap ping/ remove camera bugs / Add quick revert command

Minor fixed/ terrain edited/ tooltips edited

Minor fixed/ Fake Dead now can be used only once/ tooltips edited

Multi-Players bug fix/ Enable minimap ping/ Sense & Transform ability fixed / Terrian edited / Weather effects added / Sudden Death Added

Major Multiplayer bug fixed/ Camera item deleted/ add look back / minor fixed / Sense Ability increased to 3000 range and not detect dead players / Teal player bug fixed

Minor fixed / Tooltips edited / Gun Cooldown Added/ Sense Ability now not detect Fake Dead players/ Parasyte form gains 5 movement speed/ Item Axe added / Change the author name to fang__00 to fit my hive & garena names

Standard game set to 6 minutes per Round/ Scoring fixed / Minor text fixed / The game now displays who's the parasyte at the end

Dying in Building Bug fixed/ Multiplayer Left game bug fixed/ Dead Parasyte chatting fixed

Minor fixed/ 'Camera fix' command added/ Whispering fixed / Text edited

Minor fixed/ Window bugs removed/ Parasyte setting / Gun System trigger changed / Fake Dead increased to 20 seconds invisible / Game Clock Added / More hint added

Fake Dead little fixed/ Whisper little fixed

Fake Dead Blood effect added/ Standard Socre set to 25 maximum / Toxic Gas ability added / Anti-Parasyte Serum item added / Through ability casting time set to 1 second / Bullets now cannot hit dead debris / 'Attack' base ability changed / Dead farmers now don't gain extra point when time up

Keywords:
Parasyte, Parasite, Farmer, Farm, Human, Killer, Horror, Monster, Transform, Alien, Murder, Weapons, Knife, F'ang, fang, fang__00, Gun, The Thing
Contents

Parasyte V2.2 (Map)

Reviews
20:41, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
There is no Y in parasite. You misspelled.

EDIT: Your description is nice, and you seem to have thought of some nice details, like moving slower in the crops, more parasites added depending on player count, etc. I also like the fact that you are using custom material, yet keeping the map at a nice size.
You still have to work on your spelling though, misspelling the title and entire concept of a map is bad. You also misspelled "stradegy", it's supposed to be strategy.

Finally, there is already a map called "Parasite", and at first, i though you had ripped it.
It's OK to share names and all, but perhaps you might want to think of some way to differate it.

Level 1
This map is great! But I found some bugs:
1. Parasite pinging skill doesn't work. Both in human form and in parasite form when you use it, there is no ping on the minimap. I have tried it close to humans with the same result.
2. When there is no red player, the game will not work properly.
And why is there special item in inventory to change camera view? I think the camera should be changed by typing for example "-cam1" and "-cam2".

Level 8
This map is great! But I found some bugs:
1. Parasite pinging skill doesn't work. Both in human form and in parasite form when you use it, there is no ping on the minimap. I have tried it close to humans with the same result.
2. When there is no red player, the game will not work properly.
And why is there special item in inventory to change camera view? I think the camera should be changed by typing for example "-cam1" and "-cam2".

-I fixed the pinging thing, btw how did you try it with human? you test it with players?? :)
-I dont understand, how did it go without red??
-oh, lol why didnt i do that (the camera thing), gonna make like that, thx

Last edited:
Level 1
-I fixed the pinging thing, btw how did you try it with human? you test it with players?? :)
Yes I tested it with players when I played for parasyte and was chasing someone.
-I dont understand, how did it go without red??
For example: there are 6 persons in the game and nobody likes red color. So they choose purple, orange, etc. slots and red slot will be empty. Such thing sometimes happens.

oO, now the version is 1.5b. I am going to try it.

Level 8
Version 1.7a OMFG!
finally i found the Major Multiplayer bugged!

Camera is now changed to command system (no item anymore, LOL)

-------------------------------------------------------------

the game is quite stable now (compare to previous versions :p)
I tested it with almost full game, and its awesome!

Last edited:
Level 4
Post the bugs so the creator can fix them.

yea i probally should of but i couldnt remember them all cause there was so many.

they were things like one player i was playing with couldnt move like at all and ppl couldnt attack him, and i lost my vision while i was walking on the stairs in the castle

Level 8
I have checked your map, I must say I like it!
In the end I came to the rating 4/5. I will contact the moderator to approve your map.

Thank you very much!

yea i probally should of but i couldnt remember them all cause there was so many.

they were things like one player i was playing with couldnt move like at all and ppl couldnt attack him, and i lost my vision while i was walking on the stairs in the castle

-Yes, older version Teal was bugged
-Camera is fixed already

Level 1
Version 2.0! This map is developing really fast. Tested it with 9 players, found no bugs. Map is now really good.
Suggestion:
The parasyte can't infect farmers he only kills them. So why is he called "parasyte"? I suggest to give the parasyte an ability to infect pigs and chickens turning them into agressive beasts. These beasts attacks farmers on sight, can't enter or exit houses and parasyte can't control them.

Level 8
Version 2.0! This map is developing really fast. Tested it with 9 players, found no bugs. Map is now really good.
Suggestion:
The parasyte can't infect farmers he only kills them. So why is he called "parasyte"? I suggest to give the parasyte an ability to infect pigs and chickens turning them into agressive beasts. These beasts attacks farmers on sight, can't enter or exit houses and parasyte can't control them.

yes, thank you
i tested and fixed, tested and fixed, tested and fixed,,
so it fast, i actually start this two weeks ago :)

Good idea man,
Btw now im collecting all the ideas you guys have and gonna add special events to the game since i just fixed all the bugs (that i found) already

Level 11
This is like werewolf transylvania,but with scoreboard and rounds and improved hunter

,,1 player turns at night into a werewolf hunting the rest of the humans while the rest of them must fight for survival"

yep it is

still i can't wait to try it,survival maps with horror orientation are so cool

Level 8
Do you mean you made it from scratch? Because, of course, the idea has already been used many times.
From the looks of the description and screen shots it looks cool. :thumbs_up:
Oh, and your parasyte strategies are hilarious :grin:

yea, cos many people think its a remake of Parasite or Metastasis,
to be honest,i never play those maps before i started this map, i got the idea after playing The Thing
but now i know those maps, Metastasis is an awesome map! i have to say!

thx, i collect strategies from people i played with, some surprised even me :O
if anyone think of a trick, you can post it on here too, i'll make it into cartoons :)

Last edited:
Level 1
Amazing map, just needs more weapons and a mode with no limit and it's a perfect game. It's sad that Starcraft 2 is already out, I only got like 6 full games yesterday.
Also, is that you Immortal?

Level 8
This looks good. Also, your ideas are funny XD

And... you know, if you get all the tricks here, everyone will know the tricks. Also, some are kind of obvious. They're most funny though XD

thank you, i would like players to use more trick so its ok if they know :)
some tricks isnt 100% obvious tho

Also.... fang, do you have the expansion? :O

yes, i do have Frozen Throne, why? you dont like the brown color maps?? :p

Level 8
My review:

I would just like to add a few minor bugs that caught me
  1. When I tried to jump through a window... it didn't work, and from my understanding of the tooltip, I'm supposed to have the ability to do so, right?
  2. So, then I tried 'looking' out a window, and indeed, it worked pretty nicely :]. But then I pressed "Head Back," obviously to quit 'looking out.' So the screen returns to my farmer... But it's paused, and I couldn't unpause it for the whole round.

And also some tips for improvement:
  1. The Parasyte should be able to infect critters so they turn into underlings of sorts. They don't specifically have to be able to damage other players though.
  2. Another model, something creepier, something... mutated? And without two giant blades in his hands! This unit looks too much like it's an actual unit from another race... Which it is :p Anyway, an infected farmer wouldn't randomly get two blades... Would he '_'?
  3. Add another mode called "Last man standing!" Where players earn points the longer they are alive. The player with the most points when he dies, wins. Or of course, if the Parasyte killed everyone within two minutes, that he has more points or something.
  4. Adding to number 3, make one or two events. For example, have a lantern of some sort spawn in a random location around the cornfields, then when a player walks by it, he 'tips it over.' Then you could have the cornfield burning out. Or part of it. Something at random rather :)

Level 3
I don't see it in create game map select and i cannot even launch it in WE because of Map version unsupported... Maybe its because of the 'protection'?

Level 3
The last comment was from 2011? Well, I just want to say that I love this map! It's great to play with friends. The only thing I would like is an unlimited timer mode or perhaps just a really long one like 30 minutes. Maybe change the Parasite's model too? You could also put more items inside buildings. Fake death is a bit weird but oh well. Just a few suggestions. Otherwise great concept, great gameplay, fun times. One of my favorite maps.

This is one of my favorite maps :)

So, then I tried 'looking' out a window, and indeed, it worked pretty nicely :]. But then I pressed "Head Back," obviously to quit 'looking out.' So the screen returns to my farmer... But it's paused, and I couldn't unpause it for the whole round.

You should use stop looking, not head back to stop.

Last edited: