• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Parallel Universes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'm having this on my mind for a long time - paralel universes.

Basically, the story goes this way: there are millions and millions worlds just like ours, at the same location where ours is, but divided by dimensions.
There are countless worlds, but if you center the story on yourself, everything you do crafts a whole new universe - and it really goes in two ways - like the real me surviving cancer, and the other me in a paralel universe dying from it, AND another me not having it at all.

Every universe divides into two when you do something, like drinking a glass of water, which if you haven't did, you'd get thirsty and, let's say get hit by a car on your way to drink water later. And it has already happened in a paralel universe.

So what you guys think about it?

Level 22
Parallel has two l's, please don't get offended okay, just mentioned it.

Regarding the topic; sounds cool, if there was a way I could transverse these dimensions, I'd observe how things end because of my choices in life, then I'd kill myself because I don't want to cheat.

What does it mean that the world is at the same 'location'? Is the location relative or is there an absolute means of measurement? If it is relative, what is it relative to, if there are countless worlds?
What do you mean by dimensions? Dimensions in the traditional sense, dimension in the 'spiritual' sense, dimensions as in plains of existence, etc?

What kind of a reality do you presume? Do you presume determinism at all? Or do you presume randomness at the nuclear level?

All this begs too many questions and is therefore way too ambiguous, you should spend more time defining and explaining things before trying to discuss it.

Level 14
In a Paralel Universe
just-in-parallel-universe_o_434874.jpg

2c8ef8745371a270ce260d51aab2c584.jpg

101272_v0_460x.jpg

Computer-Meme-In-A-Parallel-Universe.jpg

74197.png

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I have thought of it, nice to hear others have too :)

DESTROYER123, nice parallel universes you have there!

Level 16
Theoretically there are infinite dimensions.

I never understood the evidence behind parallel universes. How did scientists come to the theory that there are parallel universes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

This is a famous example of quantum mechanics. I just can't wrap my mind around it, and I don't see how it relates to parallel universes like you mentioned.

I can understand how putting a voltmeter in the circuit actually saps some power and therefore changes the volts in the circuit. Is that quantum mechanics? "Changing the outcome by observational methods"?

I never understood the evidence behind parallel universes. How did scientists come to the theory that there are parallel universes?

It's a really complex talk and there's no real consensus on the issue. Some even argue that the question is unscientific as science only deals with the observable and experimentally viable (which any kind of a multiverse-like system would never be).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

This is a famous example of quantum mechanics. I just can't wrap my mind around it, and I don't see how it relates to parallel universes like you mentioned.
That's not even an example of quantum physics, it's a mockup made by Schrödinger to try to explain quantum physics to the audience. It also explains that it'd be batshit insane if one tried to apply the concept to the macro world, which is something laymen are trying to do even today. Nobody really understands how or why quantum physics work. Theoretical physicists have mathematical models that let them understand that it does work (by testing them, as well as their predictions) but that's pretty much all there's to it.

I can understand how putting a voltmeter in the circuit actually saps some power and therefore changes the volts in the circuit. Is that quantum mechanics? "Changing the outcome by observational methods"?
That's not quantum mechanics since it's not happening on the quantum level and quantum mechanics can't be dumbed down to 'quantum indeterminacy' which is what you've loosely defined.

Theoretically there are infinite dimensions.
That means that everything we have ever done, will do, or any variation of it has already been done in another dimension.

dat quantum physics

Somehow, yes, if we presume that the concept of existence is, much like the concept of time, made up by humans in an attempt to explain reality. In that case, all that is/would or could be possible at any point in the evolution of the universe <or something greater> exists since the idea of it can exist and there are possible means for things to happen since we are also presuming that the time we have is infinite. Time doesn't even really exist in the quantum real so all human explanations for the stuff are flawed at one point or another, since we are flawed to presume too many things, like that existence or time have anything to do with reality (come to think of it, what IS reality and how many of them are out there, is anything objective? etc).

Level 22
so all human explanations for the stuff are flawed at one point or another, since we are flawed to presume too many things, like that existence or time have anything to do with reality (come to think of it, what IS reality and how many of them are out there, is anything objective? etc).
agreed ..

Maybe this should have been in the Tower?
just let this thread in off topic and let everyone participate in this discussion
since this thread has an interesting topic
and as chobibo said, not everyone have an access to the tower

Level 30
-There are times when I just can't find what I'm looking for, and I wish I could travel to a parallel universe and take it from the other 'me'.
-How do you know that, maybe, the other 'you' hasn't already done that? I mean, it may be how you lost that item.

Has your mind exploded yet? :razz:
Oh, and thanks to whoever corrected my thread name <3

-There are times when I just can't find what I'm looking for, and I wish I could travel to a parallel universe and take it from the other 'me'.
-How do you know that, maybe, the other 'you' hasn't already done that? I mean, it may be how you lost that item.

Unfortunately, there's really no point in asking such a question, as it is likely that such kinds of knowledge are utterly impossible and unreachable, just like the whole parallel universe hypothesis.[/QUOTE]

Level 15
I loved this thread it's interesting ... I wish there are parellel universes but unluckily there ain't ... For some reasons I think they are :
- If parellel universes were true , for example you drink water here ... then you to bathroom ... then you shit poop , in the other universe maybe 'you'2 drinks water ... then goes to bathroom ... then falls ... If he falls ... He goes to Hospital ... But the real you stays here and finishes shitting and every thing goes normal .. So the real you does things the other 'you' can't do them because he has his body's random part broken cuz he fell in the bathroom .
- Parellel Universes ... How are they connected ? For example same time ? Well ... There should be a way to connect between these worlds .. by gates for example ? But why didn't we even have a single idea about a gate ?!
- Parellel Universes... Do they have same heaven ? Same hell? The other you and real you will become one spirit for example ? Is there a god in the first universe and another god in the other universe? Is there a god that controls both ? Of course !

I wish you read theeeese

Level 16
Every universe divides into two when you do something

Not possible. There are billions of people on earth, microbes, insects, animals and other shit. And considering every humans on earth will probably do 1000000000+ amount of actions in their lifetime alone.

Plus, i don't think it's fair that the other universes depend on our universes alone.

Level 16
You should watch a TV series called "Fringe". Very interesting science fiction, investigation series. The Fringe team (government division) investigates mysterious and unexplained murders, exploring unknown scientific phenomenon. Within the second series, it goes through alternate universe, different time lines etc. If you find the theory of parallel universes interesting, you may find this show interesting. I'm currently going through season 4 (5 total), and every episode leaves you asking more questions. Great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.