• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paradise Lost v0.32

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A survival type map with a twist.

"You wake up in a jungle, surrounded by natives. They seem to be in the middle of a ritual, one which involves the death of you and your comrades. You manage to break free, but you still must stop the ritual before it is too late."

To do this, you must find and destroy all obelisks in the area, which are guarded by the natives. The number of these is determined by the number of players and the natives receive bonuses based on this as well.

You also can build various structures, hire rebel natives, craft items, ect.

There's more to it than that but it would be easier and funner to play the game than for me to explain it to you.

I believe I have fixed the glitches, but if they still occur, please describe them in detail in the thread.

Keywords:
Paradise, Lost, Survival
Contents

Paradise Lost v0.32 (Map)

Reviews
14:20, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 3
Sometimes the spawn places of the obelisks are in isolated areas where you have to chop through trees to get to them. Is this intended?

Level 2
I'm finding that no matter how hard i try, i never get them all in time. (2p) Maybe add more time? Also, once i found that an obelisk spawned in the water in an annoying bit surrounded by rocks. I could see it but it was out of range of My shamans.

Also, I can never find enough items. Could you increase their spawn rate? I couldn't get a vinemat till the end of a round.

Level 3
Yeah, its good that you increased the spawn rate - I also never managed to get many items...I did manage to pass it solo though, albeit within 1 second of the time running out XD. That was my third or fourth try.

Level 3
Heh, thanks :)

It was quite funny - I got the loss screen, then the "You are victorious" screen. What I find helps a LOT is to keep building the workers, and upgrade the troops as far as is possible. Also, I put the lumber huts all over the place :)

Level 2
There seems to be another glitch that I ran into :( for version 23 - About 13 minute mark, it disconnects everyone again. Oh and sometimes people get spawned on top of the mountain where there is no way to move so I'd have to recreate the game. Game seems rather interesting so I'd give it a 2/5 for now until the glitches have been resolved.

Level 3
Nice... havent even tested the map but the description is good, pretty original idea, cool minimap picture, nice map name with other words gj. However I can easily imagine the gameplay and general game so I think I can give it a rating of 4/5

Level 3
Furthermore (sorry for double posting) great responses on your comments and good choice on keeping the map name Paradise Lost. Lost Paradise is just lame:p
Keep updating even if I dont think there is much more that needs to be done.

Level 4
I haven't noticed the time that this happens but every time i play this map, after some x min the warcraft closes without an error or something (x=random , it happend twice the first after 2 mins and the second after 10 mini)

Level 3
I haven't noticed the time that this happens but every time i play this map, after some x min the warcraft closes without an error or something (x=random , it happend twice the first after 2 mins and the second after 10 mini)
i think it called crash, can the author fix it pls ? i want to play this map...