• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren Druid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I would like to add a druid character to a new rpg project of mine
(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51383).

There will be ways to add him without using a new model,
anyway a real Pandaren Druid Model (which can transform into a Pandaren-Bear or something) would be very cool!

*Story-Framework Update*:
Since the pandarens feel a strong link to the natural world and seek to maintain a peace between all races and nature, a druid would also fit very well within the overall story of pandarens and pandaria. Also the old pandaren empire was/is allied with the night elves. So the pandaren druid could be risen by elves.. or if not - there are probably just a very few pandaren druids so he really is something special..

Last edited:
Level 26
i think ill do the pandaren for you.

here is what I´ve got so far( i didn´t took the panda furbolg skin for the bear because 1.it doesnt look nice 2.a panda which transforms into a panda is a bit strange and 3.it looks more like a druid bear now^^)

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks a lot!

It's cool, I really like it.
Even if it reminds me at this crappy 'golden compass' movie I just were forced to watch a week ago. But the armored ice bear in that movie was cool and it looks a bit like it.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward more pics.

Level 18
If you check over at WC3Campaigns, there should be a few models that could be useful
I think they're made by Norinrad...someone like that
I know you are using some of those models currently in your project

Level 13
OK, I'm gonna search again.
Probably I could create it very easy by just using 2 seperate models, what leads me to a question:

Is there a good (-looking) way to transform one unit to another without the morphing animations? Maybe by adding a special effect to blend over the model-switch or something?

Last edited:
Level 13
I think in the pandaren form, the druid should be equipped with green (and maybe brown) clothing, maybe with some leaves and branches. His close relationship to nature should be obvious.

But I'm still not sure, what the alternative form should be.

My favorite suggestions are: chinese dragon, gorilla (silverback?), a real heavy (panda-)bear (?)

If you want to start an attempt, you may choose what you like the most.

Level 13
I think the Earth-Pandaren-Brewmaster model could be used for the druid.
But the stone he carries should be replaced by something. Not sure yet, maybe a tree stump?

(The Storm-Pandaren-Model could be used too, but I'd prefer the Earth-Model since I'm already using the storm and fire pandaren as base models in the map. Also the Earth-Model is more chubby and I think the druid should be tough shaped.)

I'm not sure what model could be used as base for the morphed form yet.. but I guess it'll be a good idea to start with the druid itself. I'm really looking forward your work! Thanks dude!

Level 13
Actually I like females a lot... but I think the druid should be male, at least if we want him to transform into a gorilla. I think a gorilla just should be male. If we want him to transform into a dragon, a female could be quite a nice idea. Anyway I guess I'd prefer male at all.. (but it's not a must)

Level 26
Im still working on the model ^^(I had to start all again because it didnt looked well)

There are not many changes atm because I was a bit lazy but I think you should see how it looks currently.

This is what I still have to change:

he will get some trousers
he will get some fitting feet
something like a leaf cape
maybe changing of the hat texture in some leafs
some wooden shoulder plates
and i have to think about a weapon

maybe you have use for 2 druids^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.