• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pale Spring Morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Withering Heights

Experimenting with some light effects. Before you say anything, Yes the girl is oddly scaled. I made it that way on purpose. I think it looks sort of cool, with her being tiny in a seemingly huge world. Man, you will probably torch me for this.
Nevertheless, feedback appreciated as always.

PS: I need a suitable name for it as well, you are welcome to give me suggestions.
dret.png

UPDATE 1:
Worked on the branches and the vegetation.
Fixed the arms on the girl.
Decreased apple size.

dret2.png

UPDATE 2:
Slight update. Made the branch shorter, hence moved the girl away from the center.
Added a screen without the girl

terrainwitheringheights.jpg

dret4.jpg

FINALE

namnlsgzh.png

Last edited:
Level 13
I have to say I don't like the angel of the little girl model because her ribbon blocks her rock arm and it feels like she doesn't have one.

Level 11
the sky looks awesome
i think u should ad a little more vegetation on the branch that the girl is standing on
and probably make that giant apple a bit smaller
and turn on the anti-aliasing from the video cards control panel
too bad i cant give you rep now:|

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Sky looks really gorgeous, amazing job there. Though the branches look too fat lol :p Maybe using some death tree models tinted into branch color will be better to use.
I was quite happy with the sky result, thank you. These are tinted deadwood trees, although I do agree they look a little well fed...
I have to say I don't like the angel of the little girl model because her ribbon blocks her rock arm and it feels like she doesn't have one.
Good point, I didn't notice that. I'll try to fix it.
the sky looks awesome
i think u should ad a little more vegetation on the branch that the girl is standing on
and probably make that giant apple a bit smaller
and turn on the anti-aliasing from the video cards control panel
too bad i cant give you rep now:|
I was thinking the same thing, the branch needs more vegetation. Perhaps I'll make the apple smaller, haven't decided. Ah, turned on more AA for the new picture.
Also, could you put this in hidden tags so it doesn't stretch the page?
Yeah, done. Sorry about that.

silly girl gonn break her neck

two suggestions, firstly, i would turn AA on (if your video card is nvidia, right click on the desktop, nvidia control panel, pull the slider of graphics settings to the far right, to Quality), and secondly, that girl looks a tad out of place. Especially how she's just kind of standing on the branches up in a tree god knows where, I'd replace her with something like a wc3 model or just remove her

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I believe I got the AA right this time around.
I can see what you mean about her being out of place, however to me that's one of the vital points to this terrain. I don't really see how a warcraft unit would be less out of place though. Thanks for the suggestions nevertheless.
Update by the way. Added a version without the girl for those interested.

Level 36
Personally, I rarely like terrains including units, and in most cases the only good ones have been done by thedeathunterxx. So, of course I like the one without the girl the most. I'd also want to point out that everyone did a great job on suggesting improvements, and you fladdermasken ever a patient listener, love that.

If anything, I'd like to point out that the glow model is making one part of a sertain branch "stick out" considering it isnt covering it, it's going through it. I'll upload an image to show better where I mean, but still, this is my ever pirky eye thats talking :p

Very well done terrain, good job.

Attachments

• Pointer.jpg
    Pointer.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 76

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Personally, I rarely like terrains including units, and in most cases the only good ones have been done by thedeathunterxx. So, of course I like the one without the girl the most. I'd also want to point out that everyone did a great job on suggesting improvements, and you fladdermasken ever a patient listener, love that.

If anything, I'd like to point out that the glow model is making one part of a sertain branch "stick out" considering it isnt covering it, it's going through it. I'll upload an image to show better where I mean, but still, this is my ever pirky eye thats talking :p

Very well done terrain, good job.
Update. This should suffice for covering up I think, thanks for the pointer and kind words.
And yes, I agree, the suggestions and feedback has been great. Thank you all. :wink:

Level 6
Love this terrain!
and I do prefer it without the girl, mainly because it means more focus on the sky and lighting effects.
Wish I could give you rep again! (I'll save it for later)

Status
Not open for further replies.