• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Owner without order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, I want something like owner system of Castle Fight wc3 map. If you don't know how it works, it has these features:
1.Spawning units has same color with your units.
2.You get bounty from spawning units' kills.
3.You can't order spawning units.
4.You can select them.
How it works?

Level 5
I'm also working on a map requiring the same unit mechanism as Castle Fight, Ward classification hides also every unit spell so it seems more complicated if you want to show some custom spells over your units.
Also you can't dynamically add/remove Ward classification to a unit via triggers.

Level 8
I'm also working on a map requiring the same unit mechanism as Castle Fight, Ward classification hides also every unit spell so it seems more complicated if you want to show some custom spells over your units.
Also you can't dynamically add/remove Ward classification to a unit via triggers.
For now, I'm waiting. I'm not sure making a classic wc3 map is good when reforged is here.

Level 8
Castle fight just gives all units ward ability so you can't order them. From there you just let players build stuff and have a trigger that orders units from each side to attack the other. They give you bounty and are the same player color because they are your unit.
It's really late to reply this, but I wasn't in for a while, and now I'm looking to back, I just tested adding ward classification but it just hide abilities for me, and got my orders, I think I'm doing something wrong, Isn't your solution ward classification?

Level 12
It's really late to reply this, but I wasn't in for a while, and now I'm looking to back, I just tested adding ward classification but it just hide abilities for me, and got my orders, I think I'm doing something wrong, Isn't your solution ward classification?

You need to make a trigger to detect the order you manually give your unit. Then revert the order to "attack move".

GUI Castle Fight

In this thread there is a solution for your problem. Next time try to search the forums first :D

Good luck mapping!

Level 8
You need to make a trigger to detect the order you manually give your unit. Then revert the order to "attack move".

GUI Castle Fight

In this thread there is a solution for your problem. Next time try to search the forums first :D

Good luck mapping!
Thanks for your fast and useful help, I tested it and it works with move order (but not witth stop),
Anyway I have a question, I tested same trigger but without ward classification, what is it for?
I mean if this works without it, so why I should use it? to limit my acces to unit's abilities?

Level 12
Anyway I have a question, I tested same trigger but without ward classification, what is it for?

So you cannot manually use the abilities. If it's supposed to be an iddle fight, then there is no reason to give the unit access to abilities.

Thanks for your fast and useful help, I tested it and it works with move order (but not witth stop)

Try adding more filters to your trigger == if/then/else

I mean if this works without it, so why I should use it? to limit my acces to unit's abilities?

Yes.

How they usually show the skills in the iddle fight maps, is that they put the abilities to the unit description.
And then you can see the unit use the abilites, so you know they are there.

Level 8
How they usually show the skills in the iddle fight maps, is that they put the abilities to the unit description.
And then you can see the unit use the abilites, so you know they are there.
I think if I don't add ward classification, the player(s) have more choices so gameplay will be better.

Try adding more filters to your trigger == if/then/else
Just left condition clear or use repetition? Because there isn't any more conditions
And what is this for? It's something like wait? Because with wait, it worked, however there was a delay that you can order your unit to do many things

Level 12
To the person reading this in the future who has been screaming at their monitor for an hour I bring you the solution. It works flawlessly. Units completely ignore the player but can cast spells, collect bounties and still be selectable to see their stats.

Give the unit the Ward classification then use this:

• Cancel Command
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (String((Issued order))) Not equal to (Whatever Casting Ability the Unit Uses) -YOU CAN FIND THE STRING IN THE ABILITY EDITOR. JUST TYPE IT INTO VALUE.
      • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Not equal to (Units you want to be controllable)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger) -WITHOUT THIS THE GAME WILL CRASH DUE TO INFINITE LOOP-
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 016 <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
    • Did you do it like this?

Level 8
    • Did you do it like this?
Same with this, but without condition in the 4th and 5th line and changing order to stop
with these options this will not work as long as you don't put a wait (even if it's time is 0.00)
But with wait, it will give you something about 0.3 or 0.4 seconds to control unit and if you order to move too much you can easily move it to a far place

Status
Not open for further replies.