• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Overflow of requests?

Whos with me?

• Ill give it a miss...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Am I the only one who notices that there are way more requests than anything else being posted? its crazy! And its not really so much that its that half the stuff people request is already on the site and avaliable for download there just being lazy. Is anybody else noticing this or is it just me? i try to help people who have problems when i can. But i cant help lazy people who wont take the time to search through a well organized website to find what they want. Anyway i dont mean to be ranting or flamming but im just saying people need to cut down on requests and start doing things on their own.

Level 8
I'm with you Hero. Some stuff is already on this site, when others request it.
I'm also up to help @ requests,
for icons, spells, & skins. Always trying to help,
but u are right. There is already skins or others on this site when others are requesting it, so ALL first look b4 asking! ;)

im thinkin this needed to be posted. we need to delete topics like geomerge requests, and redirect them by PM to a geomerging tutorial...i believe there is one in the tutorial forum. cept for people with macs, they cant geomerge.

anyway, any topic regarding something someone can do with the tools on the site, or any of the oinkertools, should be deleted in my opinion.

Level 25
I've been thinking of getting in "Cruel vengenceful power-abusing mod" mode and cleaning up around there, but face it: More things will come

Now, if the mod who was actually assigned to it actually didn't leave...

Level 22
Is anybody else noticing this or is it just me?

No its not just you. The whole reason the requests forum was made was to clean out all the endless requests from the normal sections. Deleting mass amounts of forum topics in a clean up effort like that would have to be the most mundane job I could ever think of. I remember I tried that with the maps section, deleted about 20 old topics that had no replies to them that were buried 10 pages deep into the archive, but then realized the futility of my actions...knowing that the map seciton gets about 10 new topics a day...would have to temperarely close the site to do a REAL cleaning.
-VGsatomi

I'm with you Herio-san, newbies need to read the rules and search much better before they requesting lots of stuff.

When I first come to this site I too could find everything I wanted to find, but I went through the rules and explored the site before asking a bunch of stupid questions. It's understandable if newbies are lost on such a big site but what I can't understand that people request models in the models forum where it says "NO REQUESTS IN THE MODEL FORUM", when there is a request forum...

Level 13
For me, the request-forum isn't much more than a very good spam-filter. Perhaps sometimes a request gets answered, but as I said: sometimes. The request forum was made to get rid of those stupid requests in skin/model-forum. Just my opinion.

Level 13
qwerty said:
yes but not everyone is multi-talented you know... :(

Never said everyone should do it on their own. I can't make skins/icons/model, just geomerge or recolor so some resources fit to my campaign. Of course people can ask for resources, just wanted to tell you guys what was the reason for the creation of that forum. Some requests might be useful, but, as Herio-san said, the majority has already been done (or something close to it).

Level 13
Yup. that and personally even tho im not really multi talented i find it much funner to make my stuff instead of having someone else make it anyway, that way i can customize it exactly as i invision. but anyway do any of the mods here think that it should be posted not to spam requests and to check for something before requesting it?

Status
Not open for further replies.