• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A New Suggestion for Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Add subforums to the Requests forum like so:

Modles
Skins
Icons

The main forum would work as a catch-all for everything that dosn't fit in a specific catagory.

This would help both mappers and people who make resorces out greatly. If your a moddler, just check the modles sub-forum; skinners go to the skins sub-forum; and icon-makers go to the icons sub-forum. Same goes for if your requesting a resorce. This would greatly help mappers and resorce creators on the site.

What do you guys think?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I like it.

But don't make the main forum postable, just make all the possible subforums.

Models
Animations
Textures
Icons
Concept Art
Spells
Ideas/Concepts
Triggers/JASS

Bla bla...the list goes on. You could even sub categorize sub categories. Like:

3D --> Modeling, Animation
2D --> Concept Art, Textures, Icons
Triggers --> Spells, GUI, JASS
Writing --> Concepts, Ideas, Stories etc.

Might make things more complicated, or it might help.

Level 32
Recently I discussed forum reorganization with Ralle, inquiring about a sub-forum in "Site Discussion" for improvement suggestions like this one.

From what I could gather his opinion (at the time) seemed to be that more sub-forums just meant more places to look: requiring more search time and increasing the chance that something important might be missed.

I think that most users know how to use the request forum effectively- they can always bump their request if it goes unanswered and slips off the first page. I personally like the the requests forum set up the way it is now: I can easily see ALL of the requests at once (the most recent being atop the list.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.