• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Outland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
i personally really like outland, i have only been to hellfire peninsula so far but i really like it. i think the terrain is weird but interesting and the mobs are pretty cool, except that ground worm thing, those suck :p the fel reavers are immense! i like the higher xp rate and it has made getting from 58-61 take about as long as 57-58 did :p (10 hours approx). also i like blood furnace and ramparts, so overall im pretty impressed with hellfire peninsula so far, what do u guys thing of it and the rest of outland that i havent seen yet.

Level 11
Yeah, flying mounts are fun but i wish they were use able on Azeroth. Now that would be fun! I just wish they would have had more diversity in mount availability.

Until blizz decides to stop being lazy with many things we will never see that. The main reason they have not allowed flying mounts in Azeroth is because the terrain in areas you would normally never reach is incomplete, no textures, no terrain design, no npc's, ect.

So until they finally decide to go back and change all of this, don't ever hope for it.

Level 12
Until blizz decides to stop being lazy with many things we will never see that. The main reason they have not allowed flying mounts in Azeroth is because the terrain in areas you would normally never reach is incomplete, no textures, no terrain design, no npc's, ect.

So until they finally decide to go back and change all of this, don't ever hope for it.

I don't think it's anything about exploring incomplete areas. It's just weird to find a warlock on a netherdrake dive down to gank some lowbies questing at Stranglethorn Vale.

As for those incomplete areas, they've been explored far before retail WoW was released.

Level 17
hey do u think northrend will make outland redundant to everyone but people levelling up from 60-70? Ie. no more new outland content.

Well i was thinking if flying mounts aren't use able on Northrend then they will easily lose popularity. They are available at lvl 70 right? Once someone hits 70 i doubt they will choose to stay on Outland(instead go to Northrend), hindering the use of flying mounts.

Level 11
I don't think it's anything about exploring incomplete areas. It's just weird to find a warlock on a netherdrake dive down to gank some lowbies questing at Stranglethorn Vale.

As for those incomplete areas, they've been explored far before retail WoW was released.

I dont think that warlock would be able to easily see through some of dense foilage in STV (In certain areas at least)

And I'm one of those people who have explored those areas your talking about XD, I've climbed Mount IF many times lol.

Level 3
The Twisting Nether... I don't suggest going there At any Time, Because if anything happens your pretty Screwed.

For the Other Places, the only one I found Really Annoying Other than Twisting nether, was NetherStorm (Did I get that right?) Because its All Seperated into Huge "Island" Like Spaces.

Other than that Outland is Fun.

Level 25
I dont think that warlock would be able to easily see through some of dense foilage in STV (In certain areas at least)

And I'm one of those people who have explored those areas your talking about XD, I've climbed Mount IF many times lol.

Yeah, it's the hunters you've got to look out for. Not that I divebomb random Alliance dueling and then kill the looser with an arcane shot, then land and send my pet after the winner

<_< >_>

Level 3
The netherstorm is awesome. It probably best represents what would happen to a blown up planet...

Yeah netherstorm is Awesome Nonetheless, I just hate all the Places you can fall into the Twisting nether. (Like walking just outside of one of the Eco-Dome things, you can fall off without even seeing it coming.)

Last edited:
Level 2

If you're on a non-pvp realm then how would that apply?

Thanks to being a GM on a Pr*v*t* S*rv*r in the past, I reckon those unfinished areas would just become private 'pvp' arenas. If you consider the amount of people that would eventually reach a flyable mount level and then convene in those areas, then it'd probably be enough to crash a server. Or, at the very least, lag a persons connection to a keyboard smashing eventuallity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.