• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Outbreak 2.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Magnet199
OUTBREAK

This map is a Zombie Survival with a couple of special things.

-There is 9 Players playing as the Survivors-
-There is 1 Players playing as the Zombie Master-
-The objective is pretty simple: Dont die and Eliminate your enemies-
-The way to Win is pretty different depending on your role-

THE SURVIVORS

The First thing you need to worry about as a Survivor is to quickly build your base and defences before the Zombies arrive, you have 5 minutes to do so.
Zombies are unpredicible and can quickly grow in number so do be careful.

The second thing you need to worry about as a Survivor is that once you have your base defended well enough you need to find the source of the Zombies, Graveyards.
Destroy all 3 Zombie Graveyards scattered across the map to stop the raising of new zombies.

HOWEVER once all 3 Graveyards are destroyed you will have to eliminate the mastermind, the Zombie Master. You will have to deal with his general first and then you face the Master himself. When the Master is dead you will save the world!

NEVER EVER FORGET: If you dont cooperate well with the other Survivors you are as good as DEAD!

Here is a guide for the survivors of the Zombies.

Note: All zombies have infection which is a damage over time disease and it applies to all organic units they attack. It deals 8 damage per second and lasts for 15 seconds (10 on heroes). It also stacks which means if more than one zombie attacks the same target within the duration it will be reset and deal more damage each second.
Boss Zombies have a stronger version of Infection.

The Zombie Horde:
The Zombies you will encounter the most. These will spawn from corpses, graveyards, gravestones and the Death Hole.

Plague Leech:
Threat: Very Low
Special Skills: Very Fast, Small
Special Abilities: None
Note: Only spawns when larger zombies are killed, applies infection just like zombies.

Zombie:
Threat: Low
Special Skills: None
Special Abilities: None
Note: Your most common zombie but also the weakest.

Lurker:
Special Skills: Invisibility
Special Abilities: Evasion
Note: Invisible zombies that can sneak into your base undetected, becomes visible when it attacks.

Fiend:
Special Skills: Flyer
Special Abilities: True Sight, Critical Strike
Note: Dont let these flying buggers past your defences they can start a mess if youre not careful.

Boomer:
Threat: Moderate
Special Skills: Explodes on Death
Special Abilities: Boom
Note: They are fast on their feet and explodes when enemies are close or when killed, they can deal devastating damage to buildings and units who are to bunched up.

Phase Hunter:
Special Skills: None
Special Abilities: Phase, Feedback.
Note: Zombies twisted by magic which can teleport short distances and drain away mana from whoever it attacks.

Blood Hunter:
Special Skills: Fast Running Speed
Special Abilities: Rip, Critical Strike, Hungry
Note: They are fast and hunts for your flesh, they restore hitpoints when they attack.

Glutton:
Special Skills: Spawns Plague Leeches
Special Abilities: Acid Vomit (Rank 1), Devour (Rank 1), Cleaving Attack
Note: These large zombies can puke acid on you and devour your units.

Plague Zombie:
Special Skills: Ranged, Spawns Plague Leeches
Special Abilities: Plague Cloud (Rank 1), Plague
Note: Meat Throwing zombie, can sicken your units with a plague.

Tank:
Threat: High
Special Skills: Air Attacker
Special Abilities: Hurl Boulder, Bash, Hardened Skin
Note: These big guys are slow but tough. They dont do much damage on their own but can soak up alot of damage to give their zombie brothers a chance to attack.

Flaming Zombie:
Special Skills: Air Attacker, Spawns Plague Leeches
Special Abilities: Bash, Firebolt, Permament Immolation
Note: Large walking burning corpses that have managed to mutate to not take damage from the fire but rather control it which is bad news for the survivors.

Zombie Hero:
Threat: High/Very High
Special Skills: Air Attacker, Spawns Plague Leeches, Can Gain Levels
Special Abilities: Bash, Death Coil, Hungry, Afterlife
Note: Slain heroes become these abominations, they have forgotten most of what they used to be but have gained abnormal strenght and endurance.
They will have the same level as the hero who was slain had and if not max level they have the ability to level futher but much slower than any survivor hero.
There can only be 8 Zombie Heroes on the map at the same time.

Special Zombies:
These Zombies can only be trained by the Zombie General or the Zombie Master and are aswell the only ones directly commanded by them.

Zombie Gravedigger:
Special Skills: Building Gravestones
Special Abilities: Raise Zombies
Note: These small and weak zombies are no threat on their own but they can build gravestones and raise more zombies into the battlefield so take them out quickly.

Zombie Commando:
Special Skills: Attack Order, Follow Order
Special Abilities: Command Aura, Dominate
Note: These Zombies are smarter then the rest and can command, dominate and boost other zombies on the battlefield.

Mega Boomer:
Special Skills: Explodes on Death
Special Abilities: Mega Boom
Note: Boomers stuffed with explosive chemicals which makes them slower but they do much more damage when they explode.

Super Zombies:
These are Zombies which are expermimented on by the Zombie Master and are much more dangerous than the normal ones. They can only be unleashed by the Zombie Master from his Laboratory. Not Controlled unless Dominated.

Aberration:
Threat: Very High
Special Skills: Magic Resistant
Special Abilities: Acid Vomit (Rank 2), Devour (Rank 2), Cleaving Attack, Plague Cloud (Rank 2)
Note: One of the many crazy experiments of the Zombie Master. Its very large and pretty slow but is a tough nut to crack. Because of its size it can devour anything even heroes.

Sky Horror:
Special Skills: Fast Flyer, Magic Resistant
Special Abilities: Screech of Terror, Critical Strike, True Sight, Evasion
Note: These are flying nightmares, they are fast and strong and diffucult to deal with. Their ear piercing screech lowers your units damage and armor so take these out first.

Reaper:
Special Skills: Very Fast Running Speed, Magic Resistant
Special Abilities: Shred, Critical Strike, Evasion, Cleaving Attack, Very Hungry
Note: These beasts are very fast and can rip you to shreds in seconds if youre not careful, they are very dangerous against other living things so watch out.

Deformed Mutation:
Threat: Extremly High
Special Skills: Magic Resistant, Very Strong Infection
Special Abilities: Toxic Bomb, Very Hungry, Plague Cloud (Rank 3)
Note: A Failed Experiment which was injected with to much of the plague virus resulting in massive deformation of the body but causing it to be extremly toxic to the touch. This big blob of toxic waste is something you dont want to run into and you probably want to call for help when you do.

Boss Zombies:
The boss Zombies are the last ones you encounter and is very powerfull.

The Zombie General:
Threat: Extremly High
Special Skills: Magic Immunity, Spawns Plague Leeches
Special Abilities: Crushing Blow, Death Blast, Very Hungry, Massive Slam, Plague Cloud (Rank 3)
Note: The Zombie General is the most trusted commander by the Zombie Master and has been given various powers by him. He is really tough and will do everything to destroy whatever stands in his master's way.

The Zombie Master
Threat: Absurdly High
Special Skills: Magic Immunity
Special Abilities: Very Hungry, Crushing Blow, Raise Zombies, Annihilate, Brutal Smash.
Note: The Zombie Master himself, he is extremly powerful and will require everything you have to bring down or he will wipe the floor with your ass. When you meet this guy you really are put to the test.

THE ZOMBIE MASTER

-You cannot do anything the first 5 minutes of the game except controlling an Evil Eye when playing this role-

As the Zombie Master you have a variation of nasty powers at your disposal to make life as miserable as possible for the Survivors.

-You can aid the Undead Horde with your dark powers-
-You can unleash 4 different types of super mutated Zombies to annihilate the Survivors-
-You can train special Zombies to assist in the devastation of the Survivors-

To win as the Zombie Master you have to kill all Survivors, find flaws in their defences and strike where they are weak and then rule the world with your Undead army!

-------------

Iam aware that the Zombies can win more easily especally if the survivors dont cooperate very well. The one who plays these roles needs to be reasonable.

The map is not yet final so anything can change at anytime.

-------------
2.0 Changes

-The intro has been changed a little to be faster-
-The weather effect has been changed in hope to reduce lag-
-The Zombie General as a player has been removed because the lack of things to do as him, the temple and the boss is now controlled by the Zombie Master.-
-Flaming Zombies now have Permament Immolation but no longer has Hungry-
-Deformed Mutation no longer has Devour instead he has a very powerfull infection that deals twice the damage and lasts twice as long-
-Zombie Heroes no longer has the boss version of Infection-
-Added a new Draenei Hero: Draenei Shaman-
-The Draenei Assassin now correctly takes 5 seconds to summon-
-The Zombie Heroes no longer have Plague Cloud but have Afterlife instead-
-Replaced the trees close to zombie areas to look more spooky-
-Zombie Heroes now look more yellowish to differ them from Zombie Commandos-
-Fixed bug that didnt allow you to Dominate Super Zombies with the Zombie Commando-
-Incluing a various number of tweaks and fixes-

Keywords:
Outbreak, Zombie, Zombies, Survival, Survivors
Contents

Outbreak 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
12:33, 14th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Terrain is really poor, it ruin whole map.

M

12:33, 14th Jun 2011
-Kobas-:
Terrain is really poor, it ruin whole map.

Level 7
Improve the description and the map is horrible, there is no terrain at all plain terrain. Didn't you noticed the other maps how are made with good quality? To the other users please don't post the guy to improve the description because i said that already...

Level 4
Hey! yes i know the terrain is bad but im getting to that right now im focusing on gameplay, balance, triggers etc

Just want to get feedback on how they think the map is so far thats all

Yes the description.. i will remember to make it better in a future version

Level 16
Here's a list of BB Codes to help you improve the description; tell us more about game play, game modes, heroes, items, screenshots, use colours, tables, etc. Terrain seems flat and plain with one tile set being used judging from the preview image. If you need help with anything and cannot handle it yourself, you can post the map at the Map Development Forums and ask for help.

Level 4
Alright why are you just posting for the description? I said myselft that i posted that first to improve the description, why are you still talking about the description? It's like spamming.

I said that i did not only improve the decription i also improved the terrain somewhat and changed a few other things aswell.. so its not spamming at all.

The reason why i did it so fast is so not more ppl like you would complain about it :)

Level 4
New Version Released! See some changes in the description :)

Hopefully its better XD

EDIT: I made a quick update because i forgot to remove some testing units from the map... hopefully noone downloaded the map during that time :D

Level 9
@everyone who complained about the description
Posting a comment about something that involves the exact same issue is counted as spamming. If you see someone post something about something that is not right/okay about his map/description, do not post something similar, just post if the other user missed something that you want to bring up.

@Slimmo
The map description seems awesome, i'm gonna try it out on the next lanparty i'm havin!
Then i'll post some feedback :)
Can't check your triggers etc because the map is apparently protected, but that's totaly understandable :p

Level 4
Another update i wanted to get out because sometimes i notice alot of things when i just released the map :/ but yea i have aswell put up a guide telling you of all the zombies you can encounter as a survivor :)

EDIT: Updated the map again due to it bugged and didnt update the date it was last updated AND i did more changes in favor of the survivors.

EDIT 2: Another Update today! yes i know they come pretty often but i always come up with new stuff so i dont want ppl to play the old version :D

Last edited:
Level 3
Intresting idea. I enjoyed playing as the zombies, and I'm glad that theres NPCs so I can play single player. But PLEASE give us something we can control as the zombie other then the commander, super boomer, and the grave digger. Other then that, :goblin_good_job:keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Level 4
I would suggest an ability that allows you to take control of an infected. All you need is an ability with a trigger that activates on use of it. It will turn the zombie to your team. but give it a long cooldown.

Interesting idea, maybe i will give the Zombie Commando the ability to take control over one of the zombies that belongs to the horde. That will work on everyone but the Mutated Zombie Giant since he is spell immune (The ability will work like charm)

OR I will give that ability to the Laboratory what do you think?

Level 3
Interesting idea, maybe i will give the Zombie Commando the ability to take control over one of the zombies that belongs to the horde. That will work on everyone but the Mutated Zombie Giant since he is spell immune (The ability will work like charm)

OR I will give that ability to the Laboratory what do you think?

Adding it to the zombie commander would make more sense

Level 4
A Quick update to apply some fixes aswell as some other things. Read Description for details.

EDIT 11th February: New version once again boosting the Survivors a bit.

EDIT 13th February: New Version balancing more stuff and once again mostly in favor of the Survivors.

Last edited:
Level 3
I hope moderators delete those comments that say improve description, besides its not like the moderators or those people that say improve description get paid(LOLOLOLOLOL, lol)

Level 6
map seems amazing, going to test it :)

EDIT: yes, late test, here is what i got:

The Bad Stuff:
- I really think stuff were so fast happening
- Flying thingies annoying and can kill my repairers
- I think some building take some long time that is not really needed
- there are some tiny parts, that when you build wall, zombies can squeeze in

The Good Stuff:
- the idea
- terrain not bad
- zombies types
- the worms (^^)

Suggestions:
- work harder on map, i dont know maybe something new and great?
- more zombies (^^)

Map is great:
Rate: 4/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: -

Last edited:
Level 19
I hope moderators delete those comments that say improve description, besides its not like the moderators or those people that say improve description get paid(LOLOLOLOLOL, lol)

People like these just tell other people that they need to improve their description since the rules says that maps with bad or lousy descriptions will be rejected. Its just a reminder. And I dont think anyone who does that gets paid. Maybe rep but im not sure.

Level 4
The Bad Stuff:
- I really think stuff were so fast happening
- Flying thingies annoying and can kill my repairers
- I think some building take some long time that is not really needed
- there are some tiny parts, that when you build wall, zombies can squeeze in

The Good Stuff:
- the idea
- terrain not bad
- zombies types
- the worms (^^)

Suggestions:
- work harder on map, i dont know maybe something new and great?
- more zombies (^^)

Map is great:
Rate: 4/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: -

Thanks for the feedback and im glad you like the map and here is my response to your points.

1. Fast happening? well the map is certanly not supposted to be any slower than what it currently is so that stays the same
2. You will just have to deal with the Flying zombies they are there so you have to defend your base better.
3. Building time on most buildings are already reduced by alot but i will think about it.
4. When the zombies can squeeze in between walls you have not built them close enough together. You should be able to seal them off completly with walls.
5. Work harder? it would help if you said in what area and doing something "new and great" is almost impossible at this time so give me a break.

Level 4
A small update of the map is released and i have a TO DO list to add more heroes for demons and nagas and stuff like that. It will come in a future version.

I wonder when this map will be approved :)

Last edited:
Its not like theyre spammers. This maybe showing how many number of people want to improve your description.

The "people won't want to play if horrible terrain" isn't entirely true. Many maps do not need great terrain and sometimes horrible terrain doesn't even matter. If its a fun game, visuals are less important.

Level 19
The "people won't want to play if horrible terrain" isn't entirely true. Many maps do not need great terrain and sometimes horrible terrain doesn't even matter. If its a fun game, visuals are less important.

That is YOUR OPINION think about other peoples opinion its not like your the only person here. Some people may think maps need great terrain well some may not. And in games, visuals are important. Ive played many games, not only in the pc, which have great visuals and have become great games. People must balance their games or maps.

Level 30
Map Review

Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Outbreak" a Defense/Survival map where you strive to survive on a zombie rampage on the world by defending the lands with elemental based towers and destroy all standing graveyards before its too late. made by Slimmo.

Outbreak v1.7

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Game was great! but the difficulty was so empowered I couldn't survive that long, can you decrease it? so everyone can have a chance to retaliate.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Difficult but Challenging, the game is addictive but time and time again it becomes boring, any chances on where you can add some unique features? a good system perhaps? where instead of destroying all graveyards, how but kill some extra bosses? hunt items to reduce the building/boss enemy hitpoints? just a suggestion dude.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Terrain was so plain and simple, can you atleast add some environmental display? some good props or doodads would be great, or fogs and sea like effects, that would be nice if I might say.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
your management was fine with me, but because of such a strong zombie wave, can you decrease it? as well as the horde like state where tons of zombie will come out and slam inside your base like hell, hope you can adjust in some more changes buddy!

Bug/s

No Bugs, No Worry.

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/2077%C

194715-albums4513-picture44055.gif
[Fair]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Last edited:
Level 4
Communityportal.png
storywritingart.gif
"Outbreak" a Defense/Survival map where you strive to survive on a zombie rampage on the world by defending the lands with elemental based towers and destroy all standing graveyards before its too late. made by Slimmo.

Outbreak v1.7

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

General:

Gameplay-[5/5]
Note: Were I pronounce your game challenging or a waste of time.

Playability-[5/5]
Note: This part tells me if the game is rather fun and can be played again and again.

Terrain-[5/5]
Note: Were I tell your game's environmental display is either great or terrible.

Managing-[5/5]
Note: This is were I explain the output or outcome quality of the game.

Bug/s
Note: No score, just to tell your map has bugs on it or simply bug-free.

Overall-[20/20]

About My Reputations:

reputation_pos.gif
My complements for the Maker/s of the map's game.

reputation_neg.gif
Were I explain your map needs to get fix or make an improvement of your work.

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Game was great! but the difficulty was so empowered I couldn't survive that long, can you decrease it? so everyone can have a chance to retaliate.

Playability

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
Difficult but Challenging, the game is addictive but time and time again it becomes boring, any chances on where you can add some unique features? a good system perhaps? where instead of destroying all graveyards, how but kill some extra bosses? hunt items to reduce the building/boss enemy hitpoints? just a suggestion dude.

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
The Terrain was so plain and simple, can you atleast add some environmental display? some good props or doodads would be great, or fogs and sea like effects, that would be nice if I might say.

Managing

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

reputation_neg.gif
your management was fine with me, but because of such a strong zombie wave, can you decrease it? as well as the horde like state where tons of zombie will come out and slam inside your base like hell, hope you can adjust in some more changes buddy!

Bug/s

No Bugs, No Worry.

Rating
NumberPercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
11/2077%C

194715-albums4513-picture44055.gif
[Fair]
Hope you can do better than before, Goodluck!
happy map-making!

Sorry for my very late response but thanks for the nice review even if the version you reviewed is very much outdated now.
I have solved a couple of issues since then and hopefully version 2.0 is better than 1.7