• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ORPG Idea: Gold Exp rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, as some may know I am working on an ORPG and I want it to be playable in both single and multiplayer.

However to counter the fact that pretty much everyone will level up in single player I was thinking that based on amount of players in the game the XP and Gold rewards from Quests and XP from killing creeps goes up.

So for example:

Killing Creeps XP rate:
1 player: 20%
2 players: 60%
3 players: 100%
4 players: 110%
5 players: 120%
6 players: 130%
7 players: 140%
8 players: 150%

Quest XP reward:
1 player: 100 XP
2 players: 200 XP
3 players: 300 XP
4 players: 350 XP
5 players: 400 XP
6 players: 450 XP
7 players: 500 XP
8 players: 550 XP

Quest Gold reward:
1 player: 10 gold
2 players: 20 gold
3 players: 30 gold
4 players: 35 gold
5 players: 40 gold
6 players: 45 gold
7 players: 50 gold
8 players: 55 gold

Or something like that. So what do you think? This will probably cause players to want to find a game for much faster leveling, but if no game is found you can still level a bit on your own.

There is also the fact that there are Dugneons with great rewards and other stuff which requires more than 1 player while leveling to count into the value of playing in multiplayer :)

Level 12
The idea's not so bad, but why make it higher for more people? If you do it like that, it will turn into this: Get 8 playmates, farm until max level. The values should be equal, or just subtract the normal exp you get from less players.

So it'll be like this:

8 players = normal exp, gold
7 players = 1/8 subtracted from exp, gold
6 players = 1/7 subtracted from exp, gold
5 players = 1/6 subtracted from exp, gold
4 players = 1/5 subtracted from exp, gold
3 players = 1/4 subtracted from exp, gold
2 players = 1/3 subtracted from exp, gold
1 player = 1/2 subtracted from exp, gold

Level 11
Its because I want people to play in multiplayer :) if they get less xp/gold when they are more players it will be more likely that most will level up in a single player game, which is something I dont want to. I want single player to be the only way out if a multiplayer game is not available :)

Edit: Ops sorry saw wrong there :p yeah that is a good way to calculate it aswell :)

Level 11
Yes its for RotC :) Will test if 50% xp is low enough to make multiplayer more appealing, but its in a very early Alpha stage so no hurry hehe

Level 11
Yeah, but then I might aswell make so you cant save your Hero in Single Player. I wan't people to be able to play in Single Player, but won't be able to play Dungeons and some of the more rewarding content.

But I dont want everyone to level up their Heroes in Single Player and only play Multiplayer with max level Heroes, so thats why I want leveling to be much slower when in Single Player, and perhaps 50% less xp wont be low enough, but will try :)

Level 12
Any less than 50% would make it sucky if it were soloable. Just make it not playable in single player, if your team is gonna be a team game RPG. If it will be something like TEvE, or Daemonic Sword, soloable, then make it possible for single player.

If the game is team game = not playable in single player
If the game is not a team game = could be played in single player

^ = Simplified post.

Level 16
Check out my map. It has a decent system exactly like what you want. Maybe itś inverse but as I remember it gives 125-(number of players * 5)% exp.

Giving more exp the more player is playing is a very bad idea. Like said before, with max number of players they will level up too fast for an ORPG and that will ruin the gameplay experience.

Level 12
Check out my map. It has a decent system exactly like what you want. Maybe itś inverse but as I remember it gives 125-(number of players * 5)% exp.

Giving more exp the more player is playing is a very bad idea. Like said before, with max number of players they will level up too fast for an ORPG and that will ruin the gameplay experience.

Unless the difficulty of the game increases as the number of players increases. Like the creeps being _x stronger. That would make the game easy to solo, but hard to level, but hard to play with friends, but easy leveling.

Level 11
Hehe, this is a big issue :) but it is hard to get a full game and that is what I'm after. But if a full game gives a normal leveling speed and lower number of players reduces that perhaps it would work. Or it would just ruin everything because leveling would take too long when not a full game. Maybe it is just better to scrap that xp/gold idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.