• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So hey.

I'm working on a little something :)

oroth_logo-png.279934

I will make a Map Development thread when the project has come further!

Attachments

• WIP1.png
    WIP1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 355
  • WIP2.png
    WIP2.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 285
  • WIP3.png
    WIP3.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 271
  • WIP4.png
    WIP4.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 274
  • WIP5.png
    WIP5.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 263
  • WIP6.png
    WIP6.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 264
  • WIP7.png
    WIP7.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 265
  • WIP8.png
    WIP8.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 322
  • WIP9.png
    WIP9.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 273
  • WIP10.png
    WIP10.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 245
  • WIP11.png
    WIP11.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 256
  • WIP12.png
    WIP12.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 251
  • WIP13.png
    WIP13.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 407
  • WIP14.png
    WIP14.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 250
  • WIP15.png
    WIP15.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 434
  • WIP16.png
    WIP16.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 235
  • WIP17.png
    WIP17.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 250
  • WIP18.png
    WIP18.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 261
  • WIP19.png
    WIP19.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 261
  • WIP20.png
    WIP20.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 271
  • WIP21.png
    WIP21.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 256
  • WIP22.png
    WIP22.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Level 28
Those blue lines connecting the crystals were the cherry on top for us to feast our eyes. Congrats on that!

The nature work is nice, but does not amuse. Other than that, I like the architecture and how you managed to use the blue-and-wood floor tile (I would never find a use for that). Maybe you should tinker around the water coloring a bit, to see if you can find something that adds some aesthetic value to the terrain, this blue hue is boring. Keep up the good work!

Level 18
Really nice, but It feels like it's missing something, but can't quite tell what..
It's that it feels like it is nice overall, but nothing stands out.
Maybe it's the tile/overall color variation, not too sure.

Level 36
Nice.
Melee map?

No :) I don't want to give out too much information until I make the actual map development thread,
but for now I've decided to label it a "Central Tower Defence/RPG" project.

Those blue lines connecting the crystals were the cherry on top for us to feast our eyes. Congrats on that!

The nature work is nice, but does not amuse. Other than that, I like the architecture and how you managed to use the blue-and-wood floor tile (I would never find a use for that). Maybe you should tinker around the water coloring a bit, to see if you can find something that adds some aesthetic value to the terrain, this blue hue is boring. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I've updated some of the shots, mainly the ones with water in them, I changed it to a more red-ish hue.

Be sure to let me know what you think ^^

Pretty pretty cheeky!

Cheeky?

Really nice, but It feels like it's missing something, but can't quite tell what..

I like the colour scheme and tile variation. But if you have any other ideas as to what could be improved: I am all ears :)

This map is still very much a work in progress, especially the terrain ^^

Can you link me those tilesets, please?

Pretty sure they are from this map ^^

Wow...
Amazing. That skill of tileset combination is truly astonishing.

Thank you so much! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, here's another batch of WIPs! (I also attached them to the main post):

Behold! A combined quarry/hot springs area :p

Attachments

• WIP13.png
    WIP13.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
  • WIP14.png
    WIP14.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • WIP15.png
    WIP15.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 106
  • WIP16.png
    WIP16.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 110
  • WIP17.png
    WIP17.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 167
Level 28
Thank you! I've updated some of the shots, mainly the ones with water in them, I changed it to a more red-ish hue.

Be sure to let me know what you think ^^
Yea that's indeed a better tone of blue, imo! :D Made the overall feel of it more interesting. Anyway I really like the new shots, I enjoy how you tied the nature assets together and added some decorative props here and there. It looks full and detail-rich, but not messy. Good work!

Level 32
I really dig the individual screenshots with the variations of color with structures and pieces sticking out. Overall I think this is pretty dope, but I think I agree with you that something is off.
The screenshots without any clear subject seem almost monotonous. A lot of the terrain in the first post has a very "greyed out filter," as if the trees and grass are living mundane lives.

It reminds me of some the MCU movies actually, where the heroes and effects stand out, but the detailed backgrounds are dragged down from being too grey.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much colorful Overwatch, I don't know! Fantastic work regardless. And those blue crystals are just the best.

Level 36
There is no download link. :/
Could you upload it?

I'm sorry it isn't available, maybe you could contact the original owner?

I can't share someone else's map when they have taken it down themselves.

Yea that's indeed a better tone of blue, imo! :D Made the overall feel of it more interesting. Anyway I really like the new shots, I enjoy how you tied the nature assets together and added some decorative props here and there. It looks full and detail-rich, but not messy. Good work!

Thanks! And yeah, I really like the new water myself ^^

I really dig the individual screenshots with the variations of color with structures and pieces sticking out. Overall I think this is pretty dope, but I think I agree with you that something is off.
The screenshots without any clear subject seem almost monotonous. A lot of the terrain in the first post has a very "greyed out filter," as if the trees and grass are living mundane lives.

It reminds me of some the MCU movies actually, where the heroes and effects stand out, but the detailed backgrounds are dragged down from being too grey.

Or maybe I've just been playing too much colorful Overwatch, I don't know! Fantastic work regardless. And those blue crystals are just the best.

The monotonous nature of the terrain is sort of intended, as the units and other effects will be rather "flashy", I'd like that to stand out.

Both from a gameplay point of view (being able to discern what's attack-able and what's terrain) and because I want to emphasise the units, you'll see :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, another batch of terrain WIPs! This is probably the last batch before I make the Map Development thread ^^

Attachments

• WIP18.png
    WIP18.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
  • WIP19.png
    WIP19.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
  • WIP20.png
    WIP20.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 160
  • WIP21.png
    WIP21.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 150
  • WIP22.png
    WIP22.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
I'm sorry it isn't available, maybe you could contact the original owner?

I can't share someone else's map when they have taken it down themselves.
What a bad luck! :(

I don't think I could contact him/her but I need those tiles strongly.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, another batch of terrain WIPs! This is probably the last batch before I make the Map Development thread ^^
Pretty nice job!

Level 14
Was wondering if you were still posting terrain after all this time, I'm glad to see you still are. This is a wonderful piece! My only complain is that the low quality of the base WC3 ice terrain really throws off and sticks out like a sore thumb here. Either way, this is wonderful. Have some +rep

Level 14

Not sure I know what you mean, are you referring to the crystals? They are from sc2.
Or maybe you're referring to the Dungeon tiles? (The blue ones). In which case I don't
fully agree with you. I do get where you're coming from, but I think they work.
I was referring to the dungeon blue tiles, and yeah for me they just stick out a little too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.