• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Order unit to use a spell that resides inside a spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm aware that units can't be ordered to open a spellbook,

but is there anyway to use spells thats inside a spellbook directly from trigger?

Or is this plainly impossible?

Level 10
What do you mean spellbook an item? You can use this as a spellbook: for example you get spellbook of fire if you use it you can choose from 2 spells : fire schield and firebolt if you would click on it you will get 2 items with one use if you click on one of them you will get the spell as an item with 100 uses i cant post triggers now but if you can make something LIKE that it would be good but if this is not what you mean than sorry :D

Level 4
@WorldMapper There seems to be no way to order units to use spells in spellbooks, unless you order a player to select a unit and force the desired hotkeys, which can 1. cause desync and 2. is incredibly specific and probably not adapted to your need.

I guess you're going to have to go with adding the spell to the unit and issuing an order to cast it, or create a dummy unit, add the spell to it, issue spell order, what not. If you need more info on that I can help, but for further solutions maybe someone more knowledgeable can come up with something more adapted to your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.