• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Warlord

So I had a little time off of college and started worked on this model.
Since it doesn't have many animations, I will transfer some when I have free time. I upload this to see what can I improve...
First I was going to make a wolfrider, then I decided to make it mountless. Maybe in two weeks I'll just make him, with custom wolf mesh, as I plan.

Feel free to use it by giving me credits, and Blizzard, of course.
Also, when I add extra animations I will add hero glow too, but nowadays it's easy to add it yourself.

Update: Changed the tabard and wrapped better the sash area.

Keywords:
Orc, Warlord, Horde, Red, Grunt, Axe, Grunt, Captain, Warchief
Contents

Orc Warlord (Model)

Orc Warlord (Model)

Reviews
03:10, 25th Apr 2016 HappyCockroach: A nicely done model. It has a very appropriate portrait, which isn't so common in custom assets. I'd only complain about 2 texture choices. Firstly, the sash / hood consist in a too plain texture, which go really...

M

03:10, 25th Apr 2016
HappyCockroach: A nicely done model. It has a very appropriate portrait, which isn't so common in custom assets. I'd only complain about 2 texture choices. Firstly, the sash / hood consist in a too plain texture, which go really out of the present color scheme in the rest of the model. And they lack proper contours, leaving the mesh too edgy. In the own Grunt texture there are areas which have better definition. Secondly, the shirt texture lacks shading. If you can't find another texture with a crest or something to fit your needs, according to your reference, it might be okay to be left as it is, but I recommend you to update it, even because its resolution is inferior to those that surround it. That's it, basically - awaiting on the first update, at least. If you disagree at some of the points raised, or want help with something feel free to contact me.

05:03, 4th May 2016
HappyCockroach: Looks much better now, good you were able to do the changes. As I've mentioned already, this is a great model, and very useful, for sure. (I'd just recommend you to change the screenshot, it really doesn't do your own model a favor, looks as if it's all wrong in anatomy, while in-game it looks fine)

Level 50
I picked that texture for tabard because it has Horde symbols. Find me a good wolf insignia for the tabrard as shown on picture and I will gladly change it.
The legs movements are a bit strange cause the dranai have different legs anatomy, changing positions of the bones didn't fix those things.

Level 6
Stefan nice model. But i think will be better with blue tabard like frost wolf clan and maybe with sword like on the picture. :D

Level 8
Firefox says this resource is unsafe to download. Heh... Interesting.

Anyways the model is pretty cool. I don't like the head, it seems that the face is squished in it, but the whole model is great. I like the weapons and the outfit, they're new and refreshing.

I was expecting Beast Master animations, but the Draenai animations fit this guy well.

Well done Stefan. d('-')d

Level 6
Pls recolor blood of your model because when he die he have green color ;)

Level 12
Pls recolor blood of your model because when he die he have green color ;)
Yeah the blood is indeed green when he dies.

I am not sure if this is supposed to be this way but I will assume that it's not as most orc models have red blood. Regardless this is easy to change by using the node manager in the model editor. All the "camera-iconed" nodes at the bottom starting with SPL are what determines the color of his blood. You can also alter his death voice that way... I don't think akama's suits him too well but maybe that's just me.

Level 8
The weapons still clip with his face and chest during stand animation, and the face still looks like somebody punched his nose into his skull. Will you please do something about those?