• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc 04 and Sentinel 04 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is to TheSpoon.
In Orc 04, my brother and I played the map, and we completed all of the quests (See Orc 4 WTF.png).
After we finished the mission, we were given a D; and the information in the ending screen was incorrect.
There were 2 subquests, and we both completed them. So it should be Subquest Completed: 2 / 2.
Also, we destroyed all of the Night Elven bases, and all of the Trees of Life (As seen in Orc 4 WTF.png).
Also, there is a typo in the ending screen, it should be EXTRA - Trees of Life Killed: x / 5.

This is to McQvaBlood.
In Sentinel 04, my brother and I once again played the maps, and when he used Maiden of Pain, his mana and armor greatly increased per usage; it probably doubled or tripled. If you look at Sentinel 04 WTF.png, you can see that his armor is above 50,000, and his mana is probably over a million; and he said that he had used it for about 9 or more times. After discovering this bug, we decided he would be the tanker.
Also, he also reported that the Barrage of the Maiden of Pain skill hits more than the four that was stated in the skill's tooltip.

That's all, it was a great pleasure to play the maps. :)

Attachments

• Orc 4.png
    Orc 4.png
    505.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Orc 4 WTF.png
    Orc 4 WTF.png
    1 MB · Views: 196
  • Sentinel 04 WTF.png
    Sentinel 04 WTF.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 195
Level 18
It's perfectly fine you did this, this is the usual way to do this. This makes it easier for us to see what we have done, as we can mark the threads with false/confirmed/fixed signs.

As for my part, several people warned me that there will be problems with the chaos ability, but I did not believe them. Well, here we go. I will try to find a way to work around the problem.

UPDATE
Oh, you have an Orb of Frost. That is a bug and can mean three things. You were either playing on an outdated version or a bug I thought I have fixed still persists or you acquired it while using a corrupt code on a previous map. May I have your load code(s) please?

Last edited:
Here are my codes.

Sentinel 1: BZAC-Qtq2-hqAK-o9mD-06CQ-sgY
Sentinel 2: YH1I-WJ7x-q4Jo-IcYw-gFNg-qbWf-oMXL-oEe2-4rw9-AF
Sentinel 3: l2e5-FB2U-LjMn-U5ef-X6BO-FMaY-zsyQ-LDop-ZpPG-Ndq
Sentinel 4: B5XQ-bmyM-PBhh-H1Or-3nid-4Len-tja0-abIV-0DK8-uc6A-e

Okay, so my brother already had the Orb of Frost beforehand; we didn't accidentally load it. And, one time, he dropped it just so he could use the Barrage ability (We already knew about the bug then); and he was able to.
My map versions are:
2P Sentinel 01 1.02.w3x
2P Sentinel 02 1.02.w3x
2P Sentinel 03 1.02.w3x
2P Sentinel 04 1.01.w3x

Level 18
That's not a bug, actually, both the Orb of Frost and the Barrage are orb effects and therefore the Orb of Frost overrides the Barrage. The same happens with the Shadow Orb. I do not like this skill at all. It bugs and it limits the items that you can have on Saithis, so I am going to replace Maiden of Pain altogether.

Level 18
I actually gave a similar skill to Illidan on Chapter Five on Insane.
It releases a huge wave of explosions that heavily damages units and buildings and knocks back units. It's a second ultimate for him so I don't want to overuse that. Also, knockback tends to do weird things to the AI.

If you have any other suggestion, go ahead.

UPDATE
Okay, how about this?
The ultimate is a passive but has a 30 second cooldown. When using a spell, that spell has no cooldown and costs only half the mana. So you can cast two Blade Shields or two Twilight Guardians quickly. Shift will not trigger this.

UPDATE #2
I fixed the Orb of Frost and Orb of Kil'jaden bugs.

Last edited:
Level 18
Also, a bug fix will now ensure that Blade Shield correctly spawns at the position of Saithis and not at the nearest patch of water.
So that should make it even more useful. I will release an updated version of all the maps later today.

I will also make Twilight Guardian just a little bit more powerful, as people seem to prefer Blade Shield greatly over them.

Level 18
Well, it's a simple matter of setting the movement type from "float" to "hover". You'll find that most of the times this will make the effective duration of Blade Shield longer.

Well, I am done with coding the spells. I really like the new abilities. If you happen to play the maps, tell me what you think. I have also fixed a number of smaller issues. Insomnia, ftw.

I would also like to thank you for all the replies and the bug report. I added you to the credits and all version updates have a special thanks to you included. :)

Last edited:
Level 18
Well, I won't be working on the campaign before the 6th of June. Important exam coming up. I still haven't learned anything. Although Chapter Five is not very far from completion.

Also, here are the new spells. Tooltips are not as elaborate in game as here.

Summon Twilight Guardian
Summons a powerful Twilight Guardian to attack the Warden's enemies. Twilight Guardians have 475/600/725 hit points, 0 large armor, 22-28/32-38/42-48 magic attack, 1.6s attack speed. Twilight Guardians have the Kiss of Death ability, which instanly raises an enemy unit to fight for you for the rest of the spell's duration if the Twilight Guardian landed the killing blow. This cannot effect Heroes, structures, mechanical units, worker or creeps above level 5. The raised unit has no spells.
Lasts 60 seconds. Cooldown is 30 seconds. Costs 125 mana.

Eclipse
Passive. Allows the Warden to use her spells more rapidly by blocking the cooldown of a spell she casts once every 24 seconds. Short cooldown spells are not considered.

Level 18
This is exactly the kind of skill I wanted to add to Twilight Guardian. You have to force a last hit or otherwise with all the allied units around, you'll rarely get it. As for the duration, the raised units last for the rest of the Twilight Guardian's duration. If you summon a Twilight Guardian and it gets a last hit 2 seconds later then you can control whatever it killed for 58 seconds or until the Twilight Guardian dies.

I like Eclipse too. :)

Level 18
Well, technically yes, but I don't rely on that.
  • I register each Twilight Guardian and create a group for them.
  • When a Guardian kills another unit, I check if it fits the requirements.
  • If it does, I create a copy of the killed unit, remove its spells and add it to the group.
  • I also add an expiration timer to the raised units, but that is just to let you know that they will expire and give you a rough estimate as to when.
  • There is a countdown timer bound to the Twilight Guardian that determines when units are removed.
  • If the Guardian dies or said timer expires, I simply remove all units that are in this group from the game as well as the Twilight Guardian.
If you want to see how a certain spell works (trigger-wise) you can simply open one of the maps and have a look. The spells are in the "Spells" directory.

For my part, this is resolved.

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Thanks indominable, I've known about that bug for a while now and haven't been able to fix it, sigh.

Plus I didn't include the trees as a side quest because it was the extra,
But I think I will change it back to a sidequest perhaps,
and have number of lone wisps killed as the extra.

Orc 06 this weekend maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.