• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb which can shoot to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How can i make ORB (item) which can shoot to the air and enemys or things which are on the GROUND.

Level 4
im making weapon system and i need something like bow.When i equip that item my attack changes to shooting attack (range attack)

Level 36
I believe that you could do that by creating an item spell/ability that would have a ranged attack of it's own, seperate from your main attack. If you have ever played the game battleships, this is how all of the items work in there, the items have their own attacks, rather than the unit. With orbs, they do the same thing, except that the attack makes it so that you can only attack air. So pop open the orb of choice in object editor, and see what abilities it has. Once you tracked that down, modify or create a new ability based on what you found there, and that should allow you to do it.

Level 4
THX. i have another question.How can i change range of attack.Not in WE but during the game.Without changing models.

Level 12
Or you could create your own upgrade which can increase range. Please note tho that you need to increase your aquisition range on your unit as well or else your range will not increase. A lot of people make that mistake, I see it all the time, so just be careful.

Level 4
Thanks good idea, next question; if I made map in WE unlimited, can I play it on battle.net? Or there are some problems?

Level 12
You should be able to, it is something that Jackob and Adrian use all of the time and their maps are always played so I do not see why you would not be able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.