• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orb Absorb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Orb Absorb v.2b
By Sabertooth
Information
What is it?
Orb Absorb is a small, mini-game like map. It was made in approximately 2 hours as a "speed map". I am now continuing to modify it!

What's the goal?
To obtain the most points. The first one to reach the goal value wins. Players points are kept track of in the leaderboard. You can choose from Standard mode, where you use a ranged ability to absorb the orbs, or PacMan Mode, where you just run around and if you hit an orb you absorb it. You can Zap! your opponents to stun them temporarily.

=:=:=
Green Orbs: 1 point.
Blue Orbs: 3 points.
Gold Orbs: 5 points.
- - - - - -
Red Orbs: -5 points.
=:=:=

Later on I'll modify the game so you can set different goal values, as it is currently set at 100 points.

How many players?
Up to 8 players can play Orb Absorb.

Where can I get it?
You can get it at the bottom of this post. I plan on eventually submitting it.

It sucks.
Well, leave me feedback on this thread on how I can improve the game! Keep in mind it is essentially a mini-game, and that I will be still working on it.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Orb Absorb v2b.w3x
    29.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 10
Yea, I was thinking a PacMan Mode would be pretty sweet. I would just have the host choose from a Dialog if the game should be Standard Mode or PacMan mode.

Another idea I had is that orbs contribute to mana and you have to channel it all into something, but I'd still need to flesh that idea out.

Level 17
You could also add things like item spells.
You can pick them up, and it will give a charge of a spell.
For example: stun, blink.

You could also give bonus orbs, to increase your move speed, or stun everybody in map but you, or to steal 1 orb from everybody and give it to you.

For your movement problems you might locust the unit? Not sure, but it should activate the trigger when you still move close to it. Not sure since I don't know the depths of locust ability.

EDIT: You could add events, that you gain multiple amount of orbs, same goes for negative. Damn there are so many ideas... xD

EDIT2: Lol, I'm a idea factory: Create team mode, where two teams gather points and they all add up to give to stacks, and the team to reach a x amount wins.

EDIT3: MY BRAIN IS RAPING ME!!!!! Make something like a ghost that will walk around randomly and stun you or steal orbs, give it a chance to randomly give that stolen orb to somebody else.

EDIT4: AHH DAMN MY BRAIN =( ---- Super Orb: It will turn you into a ghost that can steal orbs from people *eating them* and then reviving them when the super orb power has faded, only one super orb at a time.

Level 10
Well, V2b is up. All it really is an aesthetic change for the Zap! ability, and a range shortening of the Aura in pacman mode from 200 to 150. (So you actually have to move next to Orbs, and so you don't accidently hit red orbs due to the large AoE)

Thank you super-sheep, that is also changed in 2b (though it's not that big of a deal, you people could just click near the damn orb.) Anyway, thanks.

V3 will have:
-Special Orbs: Purple, Black, and some other strange orbs that do special things!
-Team mode - 4v4.
-A newer, more bnet-friendly name.

Level 6
Lol seems funny even i agree with FamousPker49 about this looking like PAcman...or at least some sort of mini-game in Skibi's Castle TD... have fun making it

Status
Not open for further replies.