• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Option to turn Icons on and off in chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while drama over icons in chat has been a constant argument that no one's willing to compromise on.

How about an option that allows people to enable and disable icons all together in chat.

In this way, people how dislike icons can turn them off and have them out of site, out of mind while others who aren't so easily annoyed by them can leave them on.

(as originally suggested by Dan van Ohllus)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Agreed, a toggle for both icons and colours.

Level 27
To get rid of icons:
/eval User.prototype.drawIcon = function(){};

To get rid of colored names:
/eval User.prototype.drawName = function(par){var node = newEle(par,'span');node.style.cursor = 'pointer';node.style.fontWeight = 'bold';if (this.id == this.name){chat.sendMessage('3 user ' + this.id);};var self = this;node.onclick = function(ev){self.nameClick(ev);};newText(node,this.name);return node;};

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I know, Hakeem, but a shorter command that represents that line (should be easily implemented) instead of having to look it up every time you join chat OR make it permanent.

Could also be useful if you could toggle one user's icon at a time, same with colour.

So yeah, when I say toggle, I don't mean a rather complicated line of code (at least for those who can't code).

Could also be useful if you could toggle one user's icon at a time, same with colour.

Eh, this seems a bit too specific
I'm thinking all or nothing - that way it makes everyone think do they really care enough to disable custom icons and colors?

You know it's just going to end up with Pyritie, Hakeem and a few others having icons while ignoring everyone else. This seems hypocritical.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Specific? Heck, it's my chat, and the only opinion that matters is mine. Who the fuck cares if I disable TWIF's icon because I don't like that specific icon. It'll only be in my chat anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get rid of icons:

/eval User.prototype.drawName = function(par){var node = newEle(par,'span');node.style.cursor = 'pointer';node.style.fontWeight = 'bold';if (this.id == this.name){chat.sendMessage('3 user ' + this.id);};var self = this;node.onclick = function(ev){self.nameClick(ev);};newText(node,this.name);return node;};

Turn those into little commands and it's a done deal.

Level 8
To get rid of icons:

turn those into little button and wouldn't it be easier ?
easier=dun need to type anything / remember anything just to turn icons and coloured text off but all u have to do is to click on a single(or two) to do it

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well the thing is that TWIF did pay for that icon, it's not like Rep which is free.... here you run into the odd conditions

So? My neighbour paid for his decorations, doesn't mean I've seen it nor want to see it - should he be complaining?

Level 45
So? My neighbour paid for his decorations, doesn't mean I've seen it nor want to see it - should he be complaining?
I agree, its FOR TWIF, not to be shoved forcefully into other peoples faces simply because he paid for it, it's a personal decoration...

Anyway, I agree. I'm for the options of this turned into a chat command.

Well that doesn't mean you can go and tell him to remove his decorations either, you just ignore them there, ignore it here.

But then again, with the options to turn off icons we don't need to have this argument

Level 40
Well that doesn't mean you can go and tell him to remove his decorations either, you just ignore them there, ignore it here.

But then again, with the options to turn off icons we don't need to have this argument
This doesn't follow. You aren't removing them, you are simply making them not be in your face.

Anyhow, some of the icons and colours are getting really ridiculous. It would be nice to be able to revert to a more reasonable setup (ie turn them off).

Status
Not open for further replies.