• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to set chat to 'All' and make creep locater off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
like my title says, I want to know how to set the game so that people can ONLY chat in ALL and not allies.

My next question is to know how to make the creep locater thingy not work so that it doesn't show those lil green spots in my game >.<

Ty for any help on any of these.

Level 24
both of those are completely controllable by the players. maybe you could use the trigger where it displays big text after u say something but that would interfere with reading. for the creeps just give them to a player that is hostile to everyone, u can use triggers. it won't show them since they're not owned by neutral-hostile

Level 7
Hum well i have another question now, since my teams are 'sorta' arranged like what dota used to be:

Team 1
red (comp)
teal
purple
yellow
orange
green

Team 2
blue (comp)
yadayada

I did it this way so that players beside of each other wouldn't hit the other person's spawns as it IS a solo td. My lanes are in vertical lines beside each other with only a lvl2 height wall between them and anti-air movement on them. If lets say player teal is beside player purple, and both their enemies are blue, is it possible to make it so that teal cant hit purple's spawns but still keeping them allied? so far my lanes are like this: (ill do it vertical)

Teal
----
pink
----
purple
----
grey

and so on so forth. If anyone could answer this it'd fix a small (but annoying) problem.

Level 8
Teh_Ephy you don't KNOW ANYTHING o_O

first question :
Have a look at the Game- Trigger section.. Somewhere is everything with chat I thought

2nd ...
Game - Deactivate Creep Buttons ...

Thats it o_O

both question answers are in Game- Event section^^ :wink:

Have fun in mapping :wink:

ps. I have already updatet my version. My new version is now playable with more players WITH NO OR ONLY SMALL LAGGS! =)

Level 24
i suppose if you reskin the creep button icon or don't use one for it you could make it hard to click on

Game - Show/Hide Creep Camps On Minimap does not disable the ability to turn creep camps locator on.
and i didn't find anything about chat under Game -, only in-game messages directly from triggers. if the triggers you're talking/thinking about exist they're hidden very well or only in WEU

btw, if it's a TD what are neutral-hostile units doing on the map?

Level 7
Neutral hostile are in my bonus maze (I would like to say the maze is HARDLY like the one in lazers and rockets td but more like mazes you'd find in actual maze games. (It's unlocked after you get past all 40 waves and something extra secret happens if you beet the maze :D ))
Since all my 12 players are used, i HAVE to use neutral hostile creeps. By the way i found out the creep locater thingy even before you guys mentioned it (i just used the search function in the triggers) but i couldnt find something to set chat to all. Anyways if someone finds a way id greatly apreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.