• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Optimizer Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wanna ask about two of this Optimizer when use both in order to reduce map size and make the map load in just 10s. But there is a problem.
When i use both Wc3 Ultimate Optimizer and SLK Optimizer (correctly used). My map seems to work well but i found that many names (Unit, buff, item's name etc...) are missing for some reason.
The picture below is a example. When the map hasn't been optimized yet, the water elemental show is right name and the same as buff. "Water Elemental is the name and the bar is Summoned Unit"

***: I want to know how does Sogat (X-Hero), Ice Frog (Dota), .... optimized map perfectly. Even my map load in just 10 seconds but when i use MPQ Editor to open my map -> All the models appear normally and that make me confuse so many times?.
So the question here is how does Ice Frog optimized "Imported Models and Texture ...." since i use MPQ Editor to open dota map, all the models are seemed to be change by somehow, it doesn't contain the correct name of each file. (File00000089.mdx for example).

Attachments

• WW3.JPG
    WW3.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 117

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
because it takes pretty some times to complete optimize the map.
That is hardly a problem seeing how it is optimized only once during publication. Some professional software takes days (yes days) to compile.

I tried Widgitzer but i don't know which stuff should be disabled please tell me
Neither do I. Generally people use it with all settings, seeing what has broken and then turning that particular type of object off.

Only problem with it is that because it forces the use of custom slk files it can corrupt the wc3 process meaning that in order to play other maps you will have to restart the game process (as if that is much of an issue though). Still means you need to warn people the map is widigitized.

But sorry, i'm kinda hate that program because it fucked my map up and change all the information of my map to default. Btw, How about Sogat?

Take a screenshot of the settings you used in the optimizer. It isn't supposed to reset the information from your map. It actually does make the files listed as "File#######.xxx", since it deletes the map's listfile, and it is generally the safer option since it has been thoroughly tested.

I encourage you to figure out how to get the optimizer to work on your map rather than abandoning it and trying a different one. I haven't used Wc3 Ultimate Optimizer, but generally optimizers can conflict with each other. It is usually safest to use just one.

My guess for your issue is that it is trying to internalize the strings within the wts, and it is having some issue (causing those strings to end up as null "", which is why the names, descriptions, etc. are blank).

Level 5
Neither do I. Generally people use it with all settings, seeing what has broken and then turning that particular type of object off.

Only problem with it is that because it forces the use of custom slk files it can corrupt the wc3 process meaning that in order to play other maps you will have to restart the game process (as if that is much of an issue though). Still means you need to warn people the map is widigitized.

I did. I heared some people said that Widgitizer got bugged if an ablity has more than 4 level (this may be true since i modified all the different case of the settings but it didn't work)

True. I think u forgot to backup so it sucks. After optimized rename optimized map to YourMapName_P.w3x

I think that i used a different tool. Which tool do you use? can you give me the exact link?

Status
Not open for further replies.