• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Optimize your models here! (Decrease in filesize)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimize your model/textures here! (Decrease in filesize)

ikillforeyou's model/texture optimization hotline!

Hi there, ever gotten tired of having huge dl time for your map.. ever wanted it just to be small so you could fit more custom models into it? Well look no farther! This is my "Optimizing model hotline" i'll make your models smaller, delete unused verticies, and overall be helpful, (I can usually only optimize ANIMATED models..)

Only come to me after your model is finished, because you generally cant open it with editors (except for wc3 world editor) after i've optimized it, If you want a less optimized normal easy to open model just ask me.

Thank you.

I'll only take one request per person, at a time.
And if i optimize a model, and you upload it, please add "Optimized by ikillforeyou." to your description.

I can also optimize .tga/blp's*
*Optional, if you want to tell me an optimization percent, (14 percent is good for icons, usually set it under 30, 100% is no change, and 1% is pretty much unrecodnizable.)

If you are unsatisfied with the result please tell me why.
Current projects: Done!

Last edited:
Level 15
Thx,gonna try it now...but just for your effort you deserve +rep!
EDIT:eek:k,that was optimized a lot :D
Can you optimize a model for me too?
Also,are the things you optimize the same that are optimized by an Map Optimizer?

P.S You can try it by yourself the optimized files don't work.When you put this into your map the UI is just an emtly blank,nothing...are you sure you optmized/compressed it fine?

Last edited:
Level 15
I did, that method works for icons, i guess it doesn't work for ui..?

Edit: Got it to work, this process takes a little more time though.

Well i guess i still have some problems with your optimized UI.Most of the files work,but i'm not sure of 3 of them.Cinematic Border,SpellAreaofEffect and the one that is shown in the picture below.As you can see the a small part of the UI has disappeared...why is this happening?

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm still having problems with the UI...Well here are the files i use,all of them are the compressed by you,except the demon-cinematic-border.
I can't make it work,even when i use the default one.I guess all of the UI parts have to match each other...Do me a favour and compress this part again.
Here is the zip file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.