• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Oppositions

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Oppositions is a game, based on checkpoint-capturing. The map is small, to prevent people from getting lost the first time they play it. It is only a beta currently, items, gold, bounty, and gameplay will be increased + custom heroes incomming
Credits: Norinrad for the BattlePriest. Hazan-Ru for the wings. CloudWolf for the Footman design. Aardvark- for the Grunts Design. HappyTauren for Tower Design + Chaos Citadel Design. Mr. Bob for the Castle Design.

UPDATE v2.0: Added "Safezones" in the sides. Added a Multiboard + Balanced Renewed/Defianced combat.

UPDATE v2.1: Added 3 custom heroes, Blood Knight, Naga Death Knight and Arthas Death Knight. Also even more balance + boss spawn trigger reduced to 240 seconds.

UPDATE v3.0: Added Army of the Dead to Naga death knight and Arthas Death knight. Also added "Eternity" to Blood Knight. Short description: It grants you immunity at the cost of, that you cannot move, attack, or anything. Your hero is frozen, but will still received XP.

Keywords:
CTC, CTF, Oppositions
Contents

Oppositions (Map)

Reviews
03:56, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
You really need to fix the leaks!

Every second, you create a lot of leaks... they will eventually ruin the map.
If you add more events and improve the gameplay, this will lead to extreme lag and the game will crash, unless you fix the leaks of course ;)

• The terrain looks avarage, I didn't really enjoy it, but it isn't bad either.
  • There are only standard spells, making it look... less than expected.
  • There are no items
  • The gameplay is all right.
  • For some reason my spawn suddenly stopped.
  • The description isn't good

• Levelup 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I didn't give you a full review, but the overall rating would be about 2/5.

dab

dab

Level 10
You really need to fix the leaks!

Every second, you create a lot of leaks... they will eventually ruin the map.
If you add more events and improve the gameplay, this will lead to extreme lag and the game will crash, unless you fix the leaks of course ;)

• The terrain looks avarage, I didn't really enjoy it, but it isn't bad either.
  • There are only standard spells, making it look... less than expected.
  • There are no items
  • The gameplay is all right.
  • For some reason my spawn suddenly stopped.
  • The description isn't good

• Levelup 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
I didn't give you a full review, but the overall rating would be about 2/5.

Whoops! Gotta delete that trigger!
The spells will be added on the way, this is just pure balancing of the two spawns. And the "stop" spawn is to prevent it from lagging AMAZINGLY much.

Level 28
And the "stop" spawn is to prevent it from lagging AMAZINGLY much.

Another way to do that is by Removing the leaks.
Sorry, I just want to make that point clear ^^

Someone else on the hive, who had recently uploaded a map got spammed by me and another reviewer that he had to remove the leaks, he said that he didn't get any lag at all, so he didn't do it.
After he edited his triggers, so they were more efficient, his map crashed due to the lag, which were caused by leaks and I think he now knows that it's important.

Something like this may happen to you as well (certainly when creating spells).

Level 28
Thnx, pal ^^. I think i found the leaks, tho, not sure how to delete them.. hm...
*Goes searching in the Forums*
EDIT: *Finds Something!*
EDIT 2: Lulz! i thought that leaks was when i leaked intergers! omfgz, this is just nice! Will be leak-free within the next days

lol xD Integers are one of the only things that do not leak :p
Well, I hope you'll fix it soon, good luck :wink: