• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Operating System Shell Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Just out of curiosity, what kind of shell hacks/gadgets/Background programs does everyone here use?

It'd be nice to have a list of programs that are pretty nice/useful in editing the look or use of your computer.

For instance, I use Litestep, a shell replacement. Because of that, my shell (UI) looks like This.

Also, Launchy. Just press alt+enter(Default: Super+Space!), and type in the name of the program you want to open. It's simple, easy, and lets you unclutter your desktop.

I've heard of a few others (Py uses WindowsBlinds last I checked, KDE and Google have their own shell replacements, and some people like Rainmeter)

So uh, back to the original question. What kinda mods/gadgety programs do you use on your computers?

Level 14
well I'm not using it atm since it's still in beta but Cairoshell. It's in it's first public beta and the development is going REALLY slow but damn it looks sweet. http://cairoshell.com/

edit: Google has a shell replacement?

edit 2: I use stardock fences atm. Sweet gadget

Status
Not open for further replies.