• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Opening the original Campiagn Files...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I know there is a way to open up the origional Campiagn Files, there has to be, does anyone know how to get at those Maps?? EG. I want to edit the Final Chapter for the Scourge on Frozen Throne, the one where you are Arthas and u have to capture the 4 Obolisks before Illidan, how do you get to it!? I've been told its possible because ive seen replicas of those maps but they are protected so., cant do much there.. Can you all please tell me how to get at all those campaign files? i would really appreciate it A LOT! :wsmile:

Level 21
Sure.

Download an MPQ editor (check the tools section) and open war3.mpq (or war3x.mpq, war3patch.mpq etc. for expansion files). Once you opened war3.mpq (it's a file in the root folder of warcraft 3), you have access to all files used in warcraft 3. This includes sounds, models, textures and ofcourse campaign maps. When you've found the campaign maps (I'm sure it's in a folder with an obvious name such as campaigns or maps), you extract it. Extracting it depends on the program you use, but it's usually nothing more than right clicking the map and selecting "extract". When you're done, the map should be extracted to a certain folder and is now openable in WE.

Level 1
Thank you very much :) but uhm, wat is the name of the program i download? lol sorry! :p

Oh nevermind, i got it, thank you so much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.