• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a way to covert mdx to blp files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Iam just looking for a way to get the damn textures of warcraft 3 models, but nothing seems to work. I got Image Extractor, it wants me to open an mpq file, but when I go to the direction of my desired texture it doesn't show any files and when I try to open an mdx file inside Warcraft Viewer it doesnt load anything and Iam stuck. Can anybody tell me how I can get these damn blp files...it drives me mad. Ive got acess to all mdx files but thats it, I don't know where to go from there on. I've attached an image of my folder with all file types I currently have acess to.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Folder.JPG
    Folder.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 29
Your picture literally shows the space marine texture, it's just that all game textures are DDS files instead of BLPs since Reforged came out.

Warcraft 3 Viewer and most other old tools won't know how to handle CASC or DDS files, and they can't handle any Reforged models, regardless if they are SD or HD.

If you really need the textures to be BLPs, the easiest way to convert from DDS to BLP is probably with BLP Laboratory (check the tools section).

Level 7
Your picture literally shows the space marine texture, it's just that all game textures are DDS files instead of BLPs since Reforged came out.

Warcraft 3 Viewer and most other old tools won't know how to handle CASC or DDS files, and they can't handle any Reforged models, regardless if they are SD or HD.

If you really need the textures to be BLPs, the easiest way to convert from DDS to BLP is probably with BLP Laboratory (check the tools section).

Thanks!

Yeah I noticed the dds format, but couldn't make a rhyme out of it, since I found no information relatet to it on the internet. My bad I guess. Thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.