• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change texture path of MDX file with command line?

Level 3
Hello. I have a bunch of mdx files with lots of blp files. I want to change all the blp path of them. It took me plenty of time to deal with them one by one using a tool called MDX Pather. So I would like to write a .bat file to do that. However this tool doesn't provide users with command line to use. Is there a good way to solve this problem? Thank you!

What you can do :
  • Use a tool to batch all your mdx to mdl, like Model Optimizer and Converter v1.2.1
  • MDL being a human readable format, you can search for the texture path inside the mdl file and edit it
  • Batch convert your mdl back to mdx

Using tools like Visual studio code, you can search & replace text in multiple files inside a workspace/folder.
I did this to edit 100+ mdx files because I need to add a prefix to the texture path.
24-02-07-19-04-41.jpg

Last edited: