• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Opening maps with WE by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I've been using the WE now for a few years now. I did something to the .w3x files the first time I started so it appeared like this:

But it should be different. I remember that I clicked the Open With > Choose Default Program > World Editor. I've seen videos on youtube with the .w3x files appearing like this:

but mine doesn't. How do I get it to become like the above picture? To be able to open a downloaded .w3x to open in two clicks (or 1 click + enter)?

Please help.

P.S. If you don't see the pictures, pict. #1 is an icon of the white paper with the icon of the WE in it (like when you save .htm files from Notepad)
Pict. # 2 is an icon of WE itself. (But of course it should have the map name and file type)

Level 20
Right click the map file to to preferences click the automatically open this file type and find the we program. Select the program and there u to it will automatically open it now

Hmmm... I'm using Windows 7 (if it would matter), and when I click the Preferences, all I see is the 'Opens with: World Editor' below the 'Type of File: W3X (.w3x)' I don't see the 'automatically open this file type'. Is there anything else I could do so WE opens it by default?

I ran it... but now what? I don't think I should click the 'Open MPQ' or uncheck any checkbox; but I keep getting the same results. If you had the same problem how'd you fix it?

You click "Open MPQ" and select the war3 mpq file in your wc3 folder.
Then the program will fix the registry and you should again be able to open maps directly by double-clicking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.