• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Online Resource Storage and Manipulation *suggestion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Online Resource Storage and Manipulation

Wouldn't it be awesome we could store a few of our own resources online before submission?

And wouldn't it be equally as awesome if we could also use the Hive's Tools (like "the Model Editor) ONLINE as well?

>It's always been one of the hindrances of my work (and I'm sure it's not just mine) that I don't have access to my files!

It's either because:
>My freaking pc breaks down:vw_death:
or
>I'm away on vacation, or on a real-life "quest" but the mystic souls of my files keep calling me as they are locked away within my Laptop chest in the deep caverns of Home:vw_unimpressed:

or because:
>my father has sent me to serve a noble in a far away land called "College" that I may learn the ways of Knighthood but he does not permit me to take along my Computer Donkey and I really want to continue my pursuit in the Dark Arts of Texturing, Skinning and 3D Modelling with the use of a fellow Page's Computer Donkey which has a strong connection to the world-wide spider web and Direct access to The Bee Hive

So if you think about it, the idea's not that bad. We can upload a few of our resources or.W.I.P's for readily accessible storage like the "game cache" and as well as have direct access to The Hive's wide assortment of Tools and Weapons by using them online.

*This is merely a suggestion like the "idle-peasant" icon waiting for your attention*

I am in no position to call the shots and say maybe "We attack at Dawn!". I am merely a lowly goblin who just wants to know, "What do you guys Think?" :goblin_good_job: :goblin_boom:

Level 19
If you're not comfortable with the pastebin, then other services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. are very useful. If your PC breaks down a lot or you don't have the tools you need with you, then place it in an external storage or even in those cloud storage services.

Downloading offline tools are better, since you don't need Internet connection to use it.

Level 6
Does the site experienced some problems with Pastebin?.. as you can see it consume hiveworkshop memory.. so if there is a problem. then the hive can't offer what you are asking.. also hiveworkshop stores hundreds of maps/models/spells.. creating an additional storage would hurt the hive..

Level 16
Yeah. Pastebin does work, but it's kinda public, it doesn't seem to be suitable for certain W.I.P's especially those that might need Privacy like works that you're working on to submit for a contest.

How about adding/dividing just a small sector of the Pastebin for Private files?

Oh, and there are some programs that can work without internet connection all the time like those used by some browser games that stay active as long as you stay on the page.

Level 16
Ohh, so that's how Pastebin works. After being a member for already close to 2 years, I still got to know this now. LOL . This squire really has a whole lot of stuff to learn before he becomes a Knight.

Anywaaaaay, the things I've posted here are only suggestions.
Thanks for taking time to reply anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.