• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Online database for native WC3 icons, models, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

Is there any online WC3 database for native icons/models?

It would list out all the icons/models and their path names, in addition to:

given a path a WC3 icon/model, it shows what it looks like?

Just trying to avoid using the object editor as it's a bit slow on my pc.

Edit: Even better yet would be an online version of the Object Editor (browsable only). In over a decade has no one made such a resource?

I am not trying to be mean or anything, but maybe consider getting a new computer? Like you said it's been over a decade. Though I think you might be able to use a text editor if you know the exact object editor files. Nobody has ever needed a fake object editor for this game. Not to mention it'd take so much time and basically well it would be a waste. Which would answer your question to why nobody made one.

Edit: Oh I just thought of something, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-weaponless-model-creator-250169/#post2506851

I forgot about that sorry, looks like someone has made exactly what your looking for. Suppose it's solved.... Though really object editor lags that much for you?

Level 15
Ah wow many thanks Purgeandfire.

Hopefully this will work on OS X with Wine ^^

Edit: Argh unfortunately I can't get it to work with Wine.

Now how can I browse these .slks to extract the data I want?

Let's suppose I'll write my browsing script in Python and go from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.