• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One Big Problem - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, so I've made tons of maps before. If it's GUI, I can do it. If it's JASS, I'm ok-ish.

My problem:

I've been working on a map with the feature of building a custom hero. As in you select your skills, and those skills are then added to your hero.

Since there is no trigger to make it so you can add to a skill on every level-up, I used the tinker engineering upgrade to make that possible (every hero has the same skills to start, and I use triggers to add the correct engineering upgrade).

My question:

Does anyone know how to add a skill to a unit, without that skill showing up with an x and y coordinate? I have to add 5 engineering upgrades per unit, and in doing so that bugs up the character (the engineering upgrades displace the actual skill's button placements for casting).

Either I need a whole new system, or if someone can let me know a way to make it so the engineering upgrades don't need an x and y coordinate on the skill bar that'd be great!

Thanks.

Level 2
There are triggers to add spells to heros?

unit - add spell?
hero - learn spell?

So i don't really get your problem

Well, no. You didn't read my problem correctly.

There is no existing trigger that allows you to add to a skill on every level-up as if you had the skill to begin with. The red plus which you click on to add to a skill leads you to your original skills.

Also, the "Hero - Learn Spell" is not compatible with "Unit - Add Spell". The "Hero - Learn Spell" only works if you natively have the skill to begin with.

My problem is this: I want to be able to add the spell to the character so it seems to natively have that spell. Whenever you level up, you add to it with the red plus sign. However there *is no existing GUI trigger* which allows me to do such a thing.

The engineering upgrade allows me to get around this, but my problem there is that it takes up a box slot with an x and y coordinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.