• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Older Wc3 versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So it came to my attention that you can 'downgrade' to older versions using "CD-Keys". I own reforged for two years now and I have no CD-keys attached to my account, is this normal?

I've already contacted support and I was given no clear or useful information about CD Keys.

The CD key system was scrapped on Reforged in favor of giving you the older versions of the game via the login to Reforged (and the Reforged engine emulates the older version). As far as I know, there is not a way to obtain a valid CD key from Blizzard anymore at this time. You have to just... go literally find a CD.
Or be one of the people who bought the game for the 10 or so years it was available digitally in those versions, which would email you an associated digital key along with it. People who have the CD key bound to their Battle.net account have that because we bought the version that is no longer available.

Edit: fixed some wording to be more clear

Level 9
The CD key system was scrapped on Reforged in favor of giving you the older versions of the game via the login to Reforged (and the Reforged engine emulates the older version). As far as I know, there is not a way to obtain a valid CD key from Blizzard anymore at this time. You have to just... go literally find a CD.
Or be one of the people who bought the game for the 10 or so years it was available digitally in those versions, which would email you an associated digital key along with it. People who have the CD key bound to their Battle.net account have that because we bought the version that is no longer available.

Edit: fixed some wording to be more clear

Ah, that's a shame.

Level 9
Ah well. It appears that I won't be able to 'downgrade' to lower version in order to play custom campaigns. I didn't have keys bound to my account prior to the reforging. But thanks for clarification anyways <3

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
There are ways to downgrade even if you don't own a CD-key, and seeing how you bought the game legit, I don't see why not share the.... Yo-ho-ho ways of the people
Though I don't wanna russle any jimmies and break the rules
Better not.

You can always help people other in private. We have no control over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.