• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old WC3 Gamer returns, could use some "help"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi,

I started playing WC3 in like 04 i believe, and started playing on Bnet 06. I quit WC3 years later for unknown reasons, and havent touched WC3 in a couple of years until now.

So i'm kinda wondering if anything big i should know have happened?

And, the reason why i returned is that i had a dream yesterday about WC3 mapping.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Three major events happened.
1. Type casting exploit was patched. New natives were added to compensate. This renders a lot of old and un-updated maps unplayable.
2. A new exploit has been discovered that allows maps to save files to the hard disk as long as a registry flag is set. This removes the need for chat based save/load systems.
3. Some programmers wrote a third party hosting robot. This robot simulates the game server that usually runs when a client hosts. As a result, BattleNet is spammed with "ghost" games. They are called ghost games because of the name of the hosting robot "ghostone" and the fact that they are empty 99% of the time and usually start with less than 1/3 of the players the maps are meant for.

And, the reason why i returned is that i had a dream yesterday about WC3 mapping.
Consider StarCraft II. It is a lot more up-to-date than WC3 and will not suffer from the neglect WC3 is.

Level 32
BOTS, BOTS EVERYWHERE

And just a few new maps that are pretty cool.
Kingdoms and Nations is pretty awesome.

I use Mbot (makemehost.com) to host games. Very easy to use, and u don't have to download, rent, or pay!

Yeah and changes in hive here and there. look at my join date tho... :ogre_datass:

Status
Not open for further replies.