• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Old great map is crashing - Battlemages

Level 1
Hey so I recently started playing WCIII again after like 10 years away. There was this map I remember being awesome, it's called Battlemages by Dark.Revenant. Downloaded it here: Battle Mages -1.6.8f- and tried it out, unfortunately there is some fatal error that keeps crashing the game. It doesn’t give an error code, game just locks up like an infinite loop. The last posted map file was from 2009, guessing one of the patches or reforged broke something.

I’ve ice-olated it to some of the ice spells >>. Though it takes some time I’ve recreated the crash multiple times and the only similarity I can find is a frost ball spell and a freezing spike spell are on the map at the same time. Each time I’ve had to cast tier 2 (assuming the basic spell doesn’t count as a tier) spells before I can get it to crash, but the time it crashed online with 8 ppl I don’t think anyone had reached tier 2 spells yet.

My guesses are some graphical error introduced by reforged or maybe something to do with the ice “Build-up” system. But then it would be weird I’ve only seen it with frost ball and spike.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas of how to fix it would be awesome. Was a great map and I’d like to play it again.

Below are pics of screen on crash:

Crash 1.jpg

Crash 2.jpg

Crash 3.jpg